NBD - Sandberg Custom Order

What's Hot
chris45chris45 Frets: 228
Following a thread from @fretmeister in May 2022, I put through an order with the very helpful Mark at Classic and Cool Guitars, and it turned up as scheduled 14 months later.  Although it has taken me 6 months to get around to taking some pictures.
This is my custom short scale TT bass.  It's got 2 band active EQ and a soft aged finish (and matching headstock).  Delano pickups for a classic sound.  A really well put together instrument and as I am 5'5" I find it very easy to play compare to a 34" bass.  Although the configurator on the Sandberg website is pretty good, you need to go through a dealer to get some combinations like I did (an active shortscale bass in a custom colour).  Mark is a great guy and I recommend him for a Sandberg.

Pics:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    Lovely!

I’d very much like a TT4 shortie as well! 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1223
    Beautiful looking thing! I'm a sucker for matching headstock finishes.

I'm a fellow shortarse with a Sandberg (VM4), though mine's a regular scale. It didn't even occur to me that alternatives were available. To be honest it's not too bad so my arms can't be too short, despite my shirts all telling me otherwise!

Anyway, enjoy what I'm sure is a fantastic instrument.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5563
    Stunning. I'm a huge Sandberg fan, I think the value-for-money proposition is almost unbelievable and the quality of the instruments so high. Congrats!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris45chris45 Frets: 228
    Whitecat said:
    Stunning. I'm a huge Sandberg fan, I think the value-for-money proposition is almost unbelievable and the quality of the instruments so high. Congrats!
    Your VFM comment is so true.  This is my only bass and I got a custom build for not much more than a USA Standard Jazz.  I am very much a Fender / Gibson brand snob (Dad rock) for guitars but it seems the bass world is much more open to smaller builders.
    Can I ask how heavy it is?

My 2 Sandbergs have the Superlight options but I'm wondering how heavy a shortie TT4 is with regular options.

• chris45chris45 Frets: 228
    Can I ask how heavy it is?

My 2 Sandbergs have the Superlight options but I'm wondering how heavy a shortie TT4 is with regular options.
    It's around 4kg although that's a really approximate weight given my crappy scales.  Feels lighter than my Les Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    My Lionel is 2.58kg!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom