Pensions

What's Hot
Just received the usual annual letter from the company with whom I used to save for a pension. I say used to because I haven't contributed for years. Without opening it, I know it'll say the same as last time "We strongly urge you to save £xxx towards your retirement".

If I had the money to keep those suit-wearers in the manner in which they intend to become accustomed, I'd go out and buy some expensive Gibsons!

1. I don't have a lot of disposable.
2. I don't trust them: if I handed the money over will it still be there when I need it?
3. In my state of health I'm not going to get much of a retirement. HMG are likely to have me working till I drop. It's the Good Old Victorian Values you hear them bleating about.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Move it.....

You still have it there when you already had the warning light " same thing as last time" !    

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Sell a kidney and if that doesn't do it, a lung as well,  get a deposit on a small BTL and rent it out to some poor young people at a rate to cover the mortgage and cut you a tiny amount that they have to sell their kidneys too, in order to afford it.  That is what they mean by 'We are all in this together'  selling body parts to eek out an existence.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Can I have first dibs on the kidney?

Rather than it going to Vim's wholesale business.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My kidneys are leaking protein. You wouldn't want them, @chillidoggy. They give me Ramipril to slow the deterioration
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15859

Can I have first dibs on the kidney?

Rather than it going to Vim's wholesale business.

you're making me wear my sad face, and it's such a lovely day today, too nice to be wearing a sad face.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Just received the usual annual letter from the company with whom I used to save for a pension. I say used to because I haven't contributed for years. Without opening it, I know it'll say the same as last time "We strongly urge you to save £xxx towards your retirement".

If I had the money to keep those suit-wearers in the manner in which they intend to become accustomed, I'd go out and buy some expensive Gibsons!

1. I don't have a lot of disposable.
    2. I don't trust them: if I handed the money over will it still be there when I need it?
    3. In my state of health I'm not going to get much of a retirement. HMG are likely to have me working till I drop. It's the Good Old Victorian Values you hear them bleating about.
    From April next year you can get your hands on it .. go out a buy a Les Paul ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • @Fretwired It would be nice if there was enough for an ES-175 ;) although I'm more hoping that it will pay enough per year to keep a vehicle in tax & insurance. That will be necessary by the time my income is reduced to that of a basic state pension.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The reason pensions are worth a lot less than they should be is a glowering, one eyed Scottish idiot called Gordon...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • That's one of the reasons. I think there are also others
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    That's one of the reasons. I think there are also others
    Brown is a major reason along with low interest rates and low returns from the City.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12096

Evilmags said:
    The reason pensions are worth a lot less than they should be is a glowering, one eyed Scottish idiot called Gordon...
    nothing to do with shite fund managers investing badly and then charging huge fees every year?
  • That would be one of the other reasons. The banks f__king up in 2008 would be another.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    The banks have to play with the hand the government deal them and do you expect a politician to hold his hands up and accept responsibility? You do? Look over there isn't that... Elvis ... on a top secet alien antigravity skateboard?

Also Vim, lets be clear - that's not technically your sad face, it was someone elses and they might not have finished with it... that's why it is sad ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15859
    if they hadn't finished with it they should've said. But all I heard were agonised screams of compliance.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    Evilmags said:
    Amen !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    VimFuego said:
    if they hadn't finished with it they should've said. But all I heard were agonised screams of compliance.
    Vim that's all you ever hear ;)

.... s'how you can like folk music ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3699
    If you are not going to add any more to your pension transfer it to a SIPP into (dependant on cash involved and time scale ) two or three decent UK funds, one being a special situations.

If you don't know what you are doing get in touch with Hargreaves Lansdown. 

Hope that helps a bit. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12096
    Neil said:
    If you are not going to add any more to your pension transfer it to a SIPP into (dependant on cash involved and time scale ) two or three decent UK funds, one being a special situations.

If you don't know what you are doing get in touch with Hargreaves Lansdown. 

Hope that helps a bit. 
    Cavendish seem slightly better, they rebate the trail commission
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Evilmags said:

And I bet that cunt will get a nice fat pension, too.

• Evilmags said:

And I bet that cunt will get a nice fat pension, too.

He'll get a nice fat baseball bat if I ever meet him