What would you swap for a Timefactor

What's Hot
therose789therose789 Frets: 467
Hi all, 

I currently have an Eventide timefactor. Its a great pedal. 

The problem i have is that i am not using it to its potential at all. 

I use about three settings on it and i have a small analogue delay pedal to get the warmer modulated stuff. 

I have a dotted eight (edge style) delay, a really long 'ambient' type delay and just a basic quarter note. 

What should i be looking at getting if i want to simplify this setup to something digital with a couple of presets. Im looking for something that would really inspire me with sounds if that makes sense and doesnt sound too pretentious! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I should add that a long time ago i owned one of the green line 6 pedals which i loved the simplicity of but the sound quality wasnt brilliant. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Honestly? It sounds like you're using it pretty much how it's meant to be! You've got three different delay tones from it, and you use them all... which is pretty good going for a programmable delay imho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Nothing wrong with having headroom. 

If you can do everything you want, why change?

(unless of course you want to downsize/raise cash and/or fancy a change, in which case ignore me :) )
  • Maybe i just need to spend more time with it! 

There is a lot going on with it and that scares me a bit haha 
  • they can do so much they do benefit from a bit of time being spent on them

I have the modfactor that has a dizzying amount of variables to play with. Its a bit to clever for my liking really, but after some coaxing it works and you save the setting and leave well alone. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    My problem with a lot of these all singing all dancing units... I'd gladly give up an amount of functionality, depth, and quality... for running multiple engines at once. Being able to have something like a Timefactor or a Modfactor, and have it run 2 or 3 different algorithms at once.... would be excellent.

Basically... all of these companies need to build Line 6 M9 killers. All of them. I want one from TC, I want one from Eventide, and I want one from Strymon!
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I really love my H9. Super easy to edit through the iPad app and very usable sounds. I spent ages just on a clean tone scrolling through the presets. I've begun creating my own, largely aimed at the songs we do in the band, but its inspired so many other ideas for home composition too.

Things like this and the Timefactor really are worth spending time with.