Pedalboard build- a little idea I had

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31586
edited November 2014 in FX
After moving house I kindly left my music room to last. Anyway, I'd been musing how to have a wah and vol flat next to mt PT board, and managed to snare a nice tray pedalboard on here. So, I have mounted the PT onto the trayboard, leaving room for my vol and wah.

Here's the build pics....I need to dust it and wire it up but you'll see the gist of where I"m going with it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31586
    Last pic:

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Nice board! And good idea, some pro builders have really nice designs for this problem, yours seems a lot more cost effective! Haha
    45 for the pedal train, 100 for the flightcase. Job done.

• Interesting how you've got the rear row of pedals with the riser angled down at the rear. I'm assuming this is to give a bit more protection to the knobs from stomping feet while leaving the footswitches at the front accessible? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Interesting how you've got the rear row of pedals with the riser angled down at the rear. I'm assuming this is to give a bit more protection to the knobs from stomping feet while leaving the footswitches at the front accessible? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Yeah - the Cornish ones are very deep and if you place the other way you stamp on the knobs all the time

• Ah, I see - I was thinking you were protecting the knobs on the top row of pedals.
    Ah, I see - I was thinking you were protecting the knobs on the top row of pedals.
    No, it's to protect the setting knobs on the bottom row!!

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Interesting how you've got the rear row of pedals with the riser angled down at the rear. I'm assuming this is to give a bit more protection to the knobs from stomping feet while leaving the footswitches at the front accessible? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Isn't that how they are meant to be used?  It is how I've always used mine, otherwise the angle is reallllly steep
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I've toyed with a Pedaltrain for ages, because I like the slope and the fact you can hide the power supply underneath. But attaching wahs and volumes to it is the reason I've never gone for P'tard.
  • joeyowen said:

Isn't that how they are meant to be used?  It is how I've always used mine, otherwise the angle is reallllly steep
    I can see your point - looking closely at the pictures I can see that the base section itself is angled as well. So does the back-angled riser mean the top row of pedals end up flat?

As you may be able to tell, I've never used a comercially produced pedalboard - all mine have been DIY.
    If anyone is interested I have a couple of PT single pedal risers spare. Brand new and still in packaging...PM me if you want them

Here's the finished configuration

• Wouldn't the cornish stuff be better off flat with the back row raised?
    Seems to me like you could still potentially step on your dials??
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Wouldn't the cornish stuff be better off flat with the back row raised?
    Seems to me like you could still potentially step on your dials??
    It is basically. Probably doesn't come across as well in pics as in reality. There's quite a step.

@meltedbuzzbox

Also- I rarely switch the back row of pedals during a song but I do use different layers of distortion all the time. That's the other logic.

• you should get a Jackhammer mate and use it for everything ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Wisdom for the buzzbox.