Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Orange Amps launch Guitar Starter pack

What's Hot

Hi everyone, I handle PR Orange Amps and wanted to let you know they have just launched their new guitar pack which includes an Orange®  Guitar, Orange Crush PiX 12L amplifier combo, Orange branded gig bag, headstock tuner, guitar lead plus plectrums and strap. Also included is the new Orange Music Education Rock Guitar beginner guitar tuition course with access to over ten video tutorial lessons and backing tracks. You can find out more here: https://www.orangeamps.com/guitar-pack/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Someone posted this the other week, that guitar looks great in Orange.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Meh, orange isn't my colour. It clashes with the shiney extended forehead.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is the guitar going to be available without the rest of the package in future?
  • It is a nice looking guitar.
  • underdog said:
    Someone posted this the other week, that guitar looks great in Orange.
    It was me http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/24860/orange-crush-guitar-pack
    underdog said:
    Is the guitar going to be available without the rest of the package in future?

If they do that, how will they start the kids on the first rung of Orange amp ownership? This is all about catching them young. 

I still think it's great though.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24863
    Technically this is spam. However, only one person has queried it. What say ye - live or die?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Technically this is spam. However, only one person has queried it. What say ye - live or die?
    I'm more than happy for an official representative of a company to post here announcing new products. 

He was honest about who he is, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2014
    Agree, and there's no marketing junk in his post, simply a link to product, I much prefer that than "well Mr X from band y use my product so it must be great".

I so want that guitar.
  • I agree. My personal interpretation of spam would be unsolicited, sometimes irrelevant information sent straight to me. This is a new thread that people can ignore, and only contains the same info that would be present if someone else had happened upon the offer elsewhere, (which it looks like they did).

So I guess I don't mind being kept abreast of new offers and releases direct from the manufacturer and it obviously helps transparency if we know if the poster is affiliated or not.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7005
    edited November 2014
    Looks a nice little package @david31kguitar and makes a refreshing change from the usual Squier Strat packages...

Can you wangle one for use in a competition or a review model for one of the forum Gurus to put through its paces?

Come on! I know how the PR thing works and TFB is very, very popular and will offer top google ranking and general exposure.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Thanks for the comments everyone. Good to see this wasn't viewed as spam. I wanted to be completely upfront about the post and was aiming to keep people posted on Orange's latest product launch. I'll look into the review/competition idea. Who do I talk to on the Forum get this organised? Can someone send me a contact email? Thanks, Dave
  • Thanks for the comments everyone. Good to see this wasn't viewed as spam. I wanted to be completely upfront about the post and was aiming to keep people posted on Orange's latest product launch. I'll look into the review/competition idea. Who do I talk to on the Forum get this organised? Can someone send me a contact email? Thanks, Dave

I'll light up the bat signal.

@Monquixote

@TTony

@Digitalscream

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28228

Thanks @not_the_dj

@david31kguitar - you can contact me via PM here (I'm 1/3rd of the admin team) or email me at ttony@theFB.co.uk

We like competitions.  Especially just before Christmas.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Great, thanks for the reply. I'll ses what I can arrange
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited November 2014
    Hi I played this guitar in a local music shop about a month ago! (Music warehouse - colchester ) Who were selling is as a stand alone guitar I think. 

For anyone who is interested this is basically an epiphone les paul special II. Same factory and feels nearly identical. Obviously pickguard and toggle switch and headstock are different, but the feel of the neck and body and as far as I can tell the pickups are very similar.

Note: Not dissing this guitar by any means, probably my favourite neck of all time is my epi LP 2 neck I shaved. :) Cool little guitar, may be able to get some close up pics tommorow if anyone cares and it is still in the store :)
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28228
    Mkjackary said:
    may be able to get some close up pics tommorow if anyone cares and it is still in the store :)
    Everyone always loves a pic!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Looks like it's £199 for the package in case anyone is tempted.

Should be a few on eBay in 6 months, get them for Christmas give up in spring sell them to me :D
  • no harm in plugging a product
  • @david31kguitar How nice to see a beginner's package that doesn't include a sh1tty strat that won't stay in tune, and whose cheap&nasty s/c pickups make a horrible rasping noise when overdriven!

The T-O-M bridge gives the user (or at least his tutor) a sporting chance of making it play in tune, and the h/b pickups will help to preserve the sanity of anyone who has to listen to the guitar being played through OD.

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself