Guifurniture?

What's Hot
More crazyness from Pinterest: 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Despite loving most things guitar-based I am not loving these... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Myranda said:
    Despite loving most things guitar-based I am not loving these... Yeah...., I think they should take the lamp shade off and put the guitar in the case, then take the legs off the case and stop.  But I had to inflict this on the forum, I'm just like that.(since I don't have any more pictures of my Khaler equipped Les Paul to post)

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Whether you like it or not you have to at least appreciate the few minutes worth of design and engineering that went into that table. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Why were you on Pinterest? Are you a lady?
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    Why were you on Pinterest? Are you a lady?
    No, I have a persistent sister,(who doesn't like guitar lamps but loves cupcakes and cats....)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73541
    I quite like the lamp - it's so kitsch it's almost cool.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I think you'll find it's so kitsch it's really really tacky would be more accurate...

Not sure I ever got that argument with aesthetics - it looks so crappy and cheap that it looks good... nope, still looks crappy.

With film it's easier to get. Director tries something they don't have a budget or talent for and the result is funny at least... or there's some element of it that's good... 

But when an object has only two aspects - function and aesthetics, as long as it works then all that's left is aesthetics... and cheap and tacky is cheap and tacky ... bleh. Maybe that's why I'm not a hipster.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8588

The "coffee table" probably took almost as much time to design and make as my home made scratchplate clock as seen in this pic. Difference is, I don't try to sell them!

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/036_zps914c8df8.jpg

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73541
    edited September 2013
    Myranda said:
    I think you'll find it's so kitsch it's really really tacky would be more accurate...

Not sure I ever got that argument with aesthetics - it looks so crappy and cheap that it looks good... nope, still looks crappy.

No, not 'good'... cool in a trashy way. Like Debbie Harry in a PVC dress. (In 1978!)

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein