SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1969/70 Fender Super Reverb 4x10 £800

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
edited December 2014 in Amps £
I've not had this very long (see my thread in amps section) and I haven't really used it much but I've come to the conclusion that for a back up amp, it's simply way too much and too much of a vintage piece to have lying about the place.

I have had it serviced and re capped and fully blackfaced - and all the original bits are here in a bag, but other than the caps its original so far as my tech can tell - the valves are a mixture but all old, like mullards etc,
The speakers are the originals too

As you can see it's not in the best condition but it's purely cosmetic - the cabinet is solid as a rock. The backboard is a replacement which is a shame and it doesn't have its footswitch.

It's very much in a players condition but a rare and appreciating piece and I'd like something around £soldfor it.

I'd prefer a cash sale but would also consider a nice acoustic and a good chunk of cash my way. Something like a Taylor GS mini E...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/5C308AC1-B28C-4335-A3E8-19A0B630238E_zpsnrshfakp.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/28A91854-AD04-449D-8775-AEE34F733A24_zpsnzfdwnsa.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/2014-08/22EFD739-78A9-41C2-BE3D-4B595CE00A99_zpskrkkg9cl.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/6CDB0548-29B4-4DD2-B9E4-6A581C41CF4A_zpsllwtdivi.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• you might want to move this bud

nice amp though!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Good price too!
  • Drooooooolz.
    I want.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 584
    What a bloody cracking amp . . . yummy ! Mojo oozing from every square inch of it !!!
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Bet it sound's killer.
  • Yup !!!
  • open to trades now too
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    edited October 2014
    Buy me
  • How I wish I had £900.... Have a bump!
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    nice feckin jazzer...

amps cool too.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • Boing
  • Would you trade for a digital piano?

I know you won't.

But if you did... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for price drop
  • This is bargain

especially when you consider all the work ive had done on it

put your biscuit down and buy it

• I need this gone for Christmas so now £800 - can't go any lower. I'll chuck in a big bag of vintage bits and old interesting valves

Would consider trading for a lower value guitar but would need 3-400£ cash my way really. Guitars that float my boat are Jaguars of the Cobain variety, Gretsch hollow bodies, Hagstrom hollows too, an SG standard at a push. Anything with a vintage vibe - nowt too pointy or modern

Before Christmas I will be travelling in or near Kent, Oxford, Essex so delivery to there would be free
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 387
    Does this have an FX loop and a hi gain channel? ... Only kidding. Interested. How feasible is shipping?
  • Yeah it has a loop and a yngwie channel plus a line out and 3 USB ports mate!!

If say shipping was almost certainly out of the question. It's not AC30 heavy but it's just bulky and old!!

I'd be happy to drive it a fair distance to meet up but I can guarantee that you'll be as far away from me as is humanly possible whilst still being in the UK!!
  • if you don't mind me asking, is your jazz a japanese model? and if it is, where did you get that pickguard?

no interest in the amp from me i'm afraid but consider this a bump haha
  • It's a USA MJT build mate
  • ahh okay cheers anyway.