American bogs

What's Hot
chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
Ordinarily, I'd be against any bowl design which presented one with the contents of one's bowel evacuation prior to flushing, but I've come round.

Whilst they do indeed show you exactly what's dropped out of your back passage, the higher water level prevents the archetypal pan-splatterer which has the effect of annoying the missus to the point of her shouting "stick some bleach down there, you dirty bastard."

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

•   But isn't that the whole point of leaving a spectacular mess, Chilli??  Just to enjoy the reaction of the next poor bastard that heads in there?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    Isn't it to check for worms as they eat so much meat? The Germans have the same. Disgusting concept but I suppose they need to examine their stools closely somehow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    dont you mean the everglades..................................................

;)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Deadman said:
    Isn't it to check for worms as they eat so much meat? The Germans have the same. Disgusting concept but I suppose they need to examine their stools closely somehow.
    The only time I had worms was when I was a vegan. That's probably just my luck - although they were threadworms (small white things wiggling in my poo) rather than anything bigger or nastier.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The health (or otherwise) of a system may be inferred from the quality of its output. I think the Danes make their lavs so that the relevant inspection may be performed if desired. tbh I think you can tell by the smell and what it feels like to pass it whether your insides are OK. A Danish lav may be of use if you wanted to retrieve something non-digestible that you'd swallowed ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Same in Austria, I think it is quite fun.
    Old Is Gold
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd have thought the higher water level would make splashing more likely?

My poo has had a plasticky smell lately, it's all very unsettled down there.
    My V key is broken
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25495
    edited September 2013
    Really.  I always wanted to know that you smell your own faeces.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    Emp_Fab said:
    You kind of can't help it.
    My V key is broken
  • In defence of the Yank khazi, I've found the higher water level is actually preferable to the Brit-bog, with far less occurrences of the hated cold, turd-infused water splashes. I'm wondering if it might be something to do with the payload not reaching terminal velocity before contact with the surface of the water.

•   You mean you DON'T like having ice cold poo-water splashed strait up your ring piece, or all over the yam bag??  How else are you supposed to wake up in the morning?

What I hate are those f#%$^&g low flow "water saving" bogs.  Exactly how much water are you saving if you have to flush several times?  I want one of those industrial strength loos- the kind that sound like they could flush a bowling ball.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    My cat sniffs hers before she burys it in her litter tray. I bet dogs do the doggy equivalent.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    I think they call them swamps.
  • Surely if you wanted to examine it you'd just pick it up right? That's what any normal person would do.

Surely?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• WolftoneWolftone Frets: 85
    edited September 2013
    In defence of the Yank khazi, I've found the higher water level is actually preferable to the Brit-bog, with far less occurrences of the hated cold, turd-infused water splashes. I'm wondering if it might be something to do with the payload not reaching terminal velocity before contact with the surface of the water.
    I entirely agree. +1 for the US crapper! Because the turd reaches the water more quickly, there is less stench. There's nothing worse than visiting the khazi in a shopping mall after some other patron of said bog has just vacated. Is it just me or do you frequently detect the smell of vomit from the previous occupant of the cubicle? I can't help thinking that from the smells often left behind, half of Britain must be dying.
  • Col_Decker;42334" said:
    Surely if you wanted to examine it you'd just pick it up right? That's what any normal person would do.  Surely?
    Nurse he's out of bed again!!
  • I want one of those loos they have on trains. The tension builds then suck it's gone
    I sometimes have mine pile up above the waterline, making the stink worse, another plus for US bogs.
    My V key is broken
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    I quite like the German Viewing Shelf myself. If I spend a quarter of an hour crowning a monolith, I want to admire it in all it's glory.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Trouble with the shelf system is if you do a really massive poo the crap touches your arse