2»

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Do BT sell guitars?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th said:
    Do BT sell guitars?
    wouldn't know if they did. their website is utter shite
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_Pip;435264" said:
    capo4th said:

I agree the GAK website is one of the worst in the industry. I hardly look at what they have because the website is so frustrating to navigate and pics are rubbish and they do have some lovely gear. I have little time for companies with poor websites in 2014. Customer effort should be minimised ! Some companies seem to want to make it as frustrating as possible to buy their products. Hello Guitar website I would like to buy a new guitar! Your website is driving me crazy goodbye!

you never tried the BT website? GAK is a doddle by comparison
    My favourite thing with the GAk website is when I browse all guitars (or whatever) and notice the model I'm looking for isn't there.

So I type the model in and, low and behold, it's there. :)

I've known entire brands to just not appear on the GAK website before. Drives me nuts.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    The GAK website might be shite, but I love the shop. Could spend all day in there. Actually I nearly did the last time I paid a visit.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Agreed the shop is great imagine what they could achieve with a good website? A lot of their stock does seem to hang around.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25012
    It has the look of one of those (once all too familiar) music shop websites where you feel like it hasn't been updated since 2007 and nothing which is supposed to be "in stock" really is.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited December 2014
    Philly_Q said:
    It has the look of one of those (once all too familiar) music shop websites where you feel like it hasn't been updated since 2007 and nothing which is supposed to be "in stock" really is.

I was discussing this yesterday with someone who used to be a music shop owner ... if a product has a discount that makes it way cheaper than anyone else would ever sell it, and the customer has to order it to get it, the chances are that the product cannot be obtained by any normal means. You'll never find one in a shop at any price discounted or otherwise, and there's no way the website owners are going to get their hands on one for you. We surmised that even the wholesalers don't keep any in stock either: they may sit on orders until they've got enough to make it worthwhile having the chinese knock off a short production run.

Look at the vast range of options offered by JHS for the Vintage range of guitars. The JHS warehouse isn't that big, and there's no way they'll stock a few of each finish. They may keep a few of the more popular ones, but anyone wanting an obscure one will have to wait until there are at least 10 others in the queue ... and that goes for popular body shapes. Anyone wanting a VSA575 would have to wait for a lot longer!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself