iPad setups

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1016

Got an Alesis iO dock on the way, looks to be just what I need, thanks for the tip Mr Gassage. Thinking of getting a pair of Mackie CR4 monitors to go with it, seen them on amazon for £112

Anybody use anything similar/better for that sort of money?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I have an Ipad mini which works ok with line 6 sonic port for guitar and bass and the headset that came with HTC phone for recording vocals and even strange noises, quite often the vocals are strange noises! I imagine, if you have a class compliant USB interface you could connect it using the Camera Connection Kit and use that. Mine isn't powerful enough to run very many synths or fx at the same time, but in Cubasis you can freeze tracks to save processing power which helps. I'd imagine the more recent hardware  is better from that point of view. Bias and Jam up Pro are great fun! I see it (the Ipad ) as a good sketchpad but for me it will never replace a proper computer for more detailed editing of recordings.
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 497
    paulads said:
    sorry…I put a link up - but it looks like they sold out really quickly…

i was lucky and grabbed one
    or so i thought…curry's took the payment immediately on 24/12 and six days later i get an email saying they don't actually have any and can't get any either…would i like to pick something else - a fridge freezer perhaps - or accept a refund and a half-assed apology.
  • How good is a fridge freezer for creating drum tracks?
    excellent...and exactly what i'm looking for…as curry's expert sales professionals will no doubt inform me
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    How good is a fridge freezer for creating drum tracks?
    It's usually better at storing drum sticks.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulads said:
    paulads said:
    sorry…I put a link up - but it looks like they sold out really quickly…

i was lucky and grabbed one
    or so i thought…curry's took the payment immediately on 24/12 and six days later i get an email saying they don't actually have any and can't get any either…would i like to pick something else - a fridge freezer perhaps - or accept a refund and a half-assed apology.
    @Paulads, I hope you answered, "Yes, I would like to pick something else: An iPad Air 2, y'know the 128Gb version. You can keep the money you've already had the use of off me." 
    ...i'm still waiting for them to call me back to discuss it...
  • During which time they are using your money to pay their bills. Urgh, it annoys me.
  • Auria is pretty comprehensive for recording on ipad. Worth considering
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6286
    I just bought BIAS for the ipad, 2.99, and its staggeringly good - incredible amp sims of every amp you could imagine. And then, get this, as well as swapping cabs, mics, you can change the valves! So authentic, dead clever.

Drums - I use DM1, through interap audio in Garageband for drums. Great drum app, you can create your own kit by importing samples through itunes, so for example, you get a load of good rum hi samples (eg from musicradar etc) and then you can build a really good sounding kit in DM1, and use it in garageband. Very cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice. What model iPad are you using and is it coping easily?
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    If it helps I'm using a standard smallest memory iPad mini, Jam interface and garage band. Works a treat and guessing I do the same level as you want to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegill said:
    If it helps I'm using a standard smallest memory iPad mini, Jam interface and garage band. Works a treat and guessing I do the same level as you want to.
    How do you cope with the lack of onboard memory? Is it not an issue, or do you move the files off to a cloud storage somewhere?