Where does all the snot come from?!

What's Hot
MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
I've not been able to sleeep for two days as staying still long enough to sleep causes me to choke till the muscles of my throat ache and it just keeps coming.

Weird thing is I don't feel very run-down, just snot related maladies... strange.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    lie with your head hanging over the edge of the bed, over a bowl, simples.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Who nose?
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    mike_l said:
    lie with your head hanging over the edge of the bed, over a bowl, simples.
    Have a wisdom! I'll give it a go.
    thanks myranda. Before that, have a curry, as hot as you can, and a bath as hot as you can. Should sweat out the lurgy.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    At a guess I reckon the snot gremlin* puts it there when you are sleeping, napping or otherwise engaged/distracted. 

*distant bastard relation of the tooth fairy and easter bunny who got bullied at school and now a sociopath.
  • Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Put a few spots of Olbas Oil on your pillow just below your nose. You'll breathe easy enough to get to sleep, even if you wake up choking later 'cos you turned over or otherwise moved to where the Olbas Oil isn't.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • johnnyurq said:
    At a guess I reckon the snot gremlin* puts it there when you are sleeping, napping or otherwise engaged/distracted. 

*distant bastard relation of the tooth fairy and easter bunny who got bullied at school and now a sociopath.
    and brother of the one who tangles the signal leads in your gig box if you fail to secure them in their coils
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thinking of Olbas oil the greatest invention ever was pre-soaked olbas tissues... sadly it was so of-the-future the enterprise failed and you can't buy them any more :(
    johnnyurq said:

and brother of the one who tangles the signal leads in your gig box if you fail to secure them in their coils
    Ooh I hate that little shit, he fucks with my spare leads bag too.

He may be responsible for the man drawer of doom (done in hollywood voice over man stylee), we all have at least one of those.
  • I think that was his dad. He's the one who will put your chord charts & lead sheets in random order if you store them in a wallet file instead of a ring binder.
    Bloody Jeremy Kyle's.

We need to dust some cable and snot faeries, goblins and trolls tout suite.
    So who's the swine that tangles up all the cables for all the peripherals on my PC all the time - no matter how often I detangle them!
    He is the sperm of satan himself, every time I sort my rats nest out within hours it is FUBAR.

We need a name for that butthole, like the evil puter cable grinch. Or maybe something snappier and in keeping with puters and IT it needs to be a particularly arsey TLA couched in business speak. 
    Well that escalated fast. 3 days of runny nose, two nights irritated to the point of not sleeping... the whole time was more inconvenient than anything else, keepin up with the nose blowing which resulted in 2 carrier bags of soggy tissue.

Then today I finall fell asleep - for hours.

Have woken up feeling like every inch of me was hit with hammers, my head is groggy and thinking is slooooow. standing instantly gives me vertigo and feet hurt like I've walked on nails for days.

On the plus(?) side the snot is now too thick to plow through the tissues so fast. giving me a lovely break from the feelingof droplets of fluid rolling off the end of my nose
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    edited October 2013
    johnnyurq said:
    He is the sperm of satan himself, every time I sort my rats nest out within hours it is FUBAR.

We need a name for that butthole, like the evil puter cable grinch. Or maybe something snappier and in keeping with puters and IT it needs to be a particularly arsey TLA couched in business speak. 

Never mind the sod who mucks the cables about, I want to know who it is who keeps moving my stuff about. Drives me mad. Funny but they seem to pay me visits more these days, can't be anything to do with age can it? BTW, hope the snot situation improves soon.

• There isn't gremlins tangling your wires and stuff you bunch of hicks. Can't believe you;re so superstitious.

Clearly science does it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 567
    Tangle monkey, I've seen him!

@ROOG

The one that pisses me off is when in your man drawer of doom you put summat at the front so as to find it easily next time, why oh why is it then always at the back of the drawer under several other objects.

But yes I suspect age and failing eyesight have a role to play. Well that and madness/early onset Alzheimer's.  
    :D
    There isn't gremlins tangling your wires and stuff you bunch of hicks. Can't believe you;re so superstitious.

Clearly science does it.

Well either science or some gremlin keeps rearranging the tools in my toolbox. If not, explain how spanners keep appearing in the screwdriver and pliers draws.

science says, put them where they're supposed to go, so it must be gremlins