Putin gets Nobel Peace Prize nomination

What's Hot

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    fuck it, they gave one to Obama and he hadn't got round to killing anyone so by that reckoning Putin should get 3.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Lol!
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Someone tell me this is not real. I just saw it on Google news..
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Obama got one before he'd actually done anything... so it was either that he was black and a US president, or that his name was similar enough to someone who was due for one but after the mistaken announcement they didn't feel like taking it back. 

But Putin... former KGB, probably kills bears for fun, probably poisons people with pollonium for fun, imprisons musicians because they don't like his policies, outlaws homosexuality and tries to stall the UN on checking for chemical weapons he in no way sold to the Syrians ... Perhaps an Ignoble Peace Prize... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    More appropriate than Obama.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's certainly up there with Obama, Arafat and Krugman
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Using their logic Assad should get nominated too because he stopped murdering his people with chemicals and went back to conventional weapons.

Russia are arming Syria, FFS!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462

=))
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Nobel prizes seem pretty devalued. Krugman got his for the neoendogenous growth theory, Arafat before he failed to deliver peace and Obama prior to launching loads of drones (which had Bush been the man to give the order would have had the left going apopleptic with rage).
  • Give it to Cameron for being a twat!
    Old Is Gold
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    if putin and Obama can get a peace prize, Cameron should get a prize for economics.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    I have a prize for Cameron, Putin and O'bampot?

It is wooden about 42" long, 2.75" round, 36 oz and has rusty 6" nails & razor blades on it.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    VimFuego said:
    fuck it, they gave one to Obama and he hadn't got round to killing anyone so by that reckoning Putin should get 3.
    Spot on ... wisdom time ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited October 2013
    Putin? Seriously? Have I just been thrown headlong into some kind of parallel universe by opening my last Miller Genuine Draft beer? It must have been the pffft of the crown cap coming off that did it. No, wait, I've just checked. There's still a shedload in the fridge, the sun is still shining, Mrs C is looking better as each beer is consumed, and the chilli con carne is still on the stove. Phew, thank God for that, everything is normal.

• should have seen it coming. They gave Bliar the title of Peace Envoy FFS!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • How is anyone surprised by this?

We live in a world that is corrupt beyond belief! The scrariest thing would be to know why he really got it. A taste of things to come springs to mind.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    should have seen it coming. They gave Bliar the title of Peace Envoy FFS!
    What is worserer is that he is the Middle East Peace Envoy too, oh the irony is too much.

The hotel in I think Israel was not good enough for him and they gave him a whole floor for him and lackeys, what a tosspot.

Check this it may mention it among other things.

This one does.

It is allegedly costing UK tax payers £500,000 per month. What a fucking racket!

He has achieved squat but noising up Muslim more being all pious av that now. Sitting pontificating (literally) and saying shit like bomb Syria now. Really helpful Tone, not!!!
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1656
    I suppose the idea is to encourage these megalomaniac twats (on all sides) not to kick off all the time. Here, have a biscuit and play nice.

Or, it's simply another farce.

Disagree on Krugman by the way, he seems pretty handy with numbers and stuff. 
    Most information concerning economics is not quantifyable. (Google LTCM if you want to see what happens when economists are dumb enough to believe a mathematical model). Krugman discovered nothing of merit and his Nobel theory does not work (Brown tested it to death) . He got the Nobel for being a cuddly liberal...
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Do we get Elton John to give him the award? I mean it worked on Eminem
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom