myHermes - good/bad

What's Hot
ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
Just had a guitar delivered by them

Hats off for delivering it intact, given that the seller simply put it in a gig bag, then wrapped one layer of cardboard around it with packing tape to hold it together

Trouble is they just leant it against the side door and left. If they knocked, I did not hear, and our bell is very loud and has ringers upstairs and down, and the dog goes nuts when the bell rings
I found it at 10:45 saturday morning, not sure when they left it, I had gone outside for a few mins about 9am
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Don't know about my hermes, but the local Hermes guy is a top gent, works his arse off, is very professional and will drop at the post office is no one is about.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    Bunch of chancers who use school run mums delivering parcels in cars most of the time, probably no GIT insurance either. A blight on the industry who are the next City Link in the race to the bottom
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    You wonder what kind of people they employ when the last package I had delivered by them when I was out was put in our back garden, which is only accessible by going into the neighbours' garden and climbing over the fence. (Not a small fence either.) The neighbours were in at the time too.

Sadly this was not the neighbour with the large German Shepherd.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    You wonder what kind of people they employ when the last package I had delivered by them when I was out was put in our back garden, which is only accessible by going into the neighbours' garden and climbing over the fence. (Not a small fence either.) The neighbours were in at the time too.

Sadly this was not the neighbour with the large German Shepherd.
    This, several times. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    They're the aids of delivery services.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
     £1.80 per parcel in the back woods.  67 parcels a day to get £120. 8.4 parcels per hour.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Better than CityLink were, stuff gets delivered intact. The final delivery is often someone local so they have an interest in looking after your item.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Just had a guitar delivered by them

Hats off for delivering it intact, given that the seller simply put it in a gig bag, then wrapped one layer of cardboard around it with packing tape to hold it together

Trouble is they just leant it against the side door and left. If they knocked, I did not hear, and our bell is very loud and has ringers upstairs and down, and the dog goes nuts when the bell rings
    I found it at 10:45 saturday morning, not sure when they left it, I had gone outside for a few mins about 9am
    You actually had it delivered?

Are you positive it was myhermes???

:))

1 parcel every 7 minutes, often 12 minutes between each parcel drop, if you know where you are going, although I suspect the same rich, shopping addicted people get stuff delivered over and over, which probably makes it easier.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I go as far as offering to pay the odds to a seller to stop them sending by MyHerpes these days - I've had the odd decent experience, but they have been vastly outnumbered by the bloody awful ones.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited January 2015
    Worse than yodel. Shower of sh*t