This is just awful - IS wrecking ancient Assyrian city

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Fretwired;547930" said:
    Henry VIII vs The Monasteries ... all trashed .. 
    Likewise Oliver Cromwell and the churches. IS doesn't have a monopoly on being arseholes. A huge shame nevertheless.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's just makes whatevers left more special
    Old Is Gold
  • I don't see a lot of difference between what IS are doing there to people who do this -

http://wichitaband.com/lance/jwlp2.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    edited March 2015

ffs clappy, this is a public forum. Some people may be viewing this with children watching. You should at least post that in SC.

EDIT: and it's disingenuous to compare such brutal acts of terror and destruction with IS. At least they believe in something, no matter how twisted.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
    Right then... what are we going to do about it ?  Procol Harum have now joined IS, they're all destroying anything that has a bigsby or looks like a relic, and they're gaining ground.  Are we gonna saddle up and get out there or what ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
    tFB Trader
    As a race we suck! This will come to a head at some point I'm sure.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They are just doing what we did centuries ago. Jihadi john was crusader Chris back then
  • They are just doing what we did centuries ago. Jihadi john was crusader Chris back then
    But he doesn't look old enough.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Hey guess what guys.... people used to be barbaric in the past, and y'know what... EVERYONE in the past was fully accepting of it, even back then!! So we don't need to even talk about IS, or even give a shit.. COZ THEY'RE JUST DOING WHAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US USED TO DOOOO!!

... fucking idiots.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Ironic thing is they are all western techies, computer programmers or slackers.  I don't see a landscape gardener or farmer amongst them.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Drew_fx said:
    Hey guess what guys.... people used to be barbaric in the past, and y'know what... EVERYONE in the past was fully accepting of it, even back then!! So we don't need to even talk about IS, or even give a shit.. COZ THEY'RE JUST DOING WHAT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US USED TO DOOOO!!

... fucking idiots.
    Maybe I'm missing some posts, but who said that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    /opens popcorn, puts feet up
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
    Cirrus said:
    Drew_fx said:

... fucking idiots.
    Maybe I'm missing some posts, but who said that?
    Drew did - just then.

You need to go to Specsavers mate.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I think he's being self loathing again.  That is what city living does to yer.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Sambostar said:
    Ironic thing is they are all western techies, computer programmers or slackers.  I don't see a landscape gardener or farmer amongst them.
    Oh, they are they.  It's just they're either sat in the van having a lunch break until those 'looks like rain' clouds pass or trying to convince the local Mullah to issue a Fatwa against Asda for driving down the price of milk.
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited March 2015
    Eradicating history probably makes it more acceptable to repeat the mistakes of the past in their eyes? There is one lesson IS should remember though and that is not to call for a crusade or they'll get their little intolerant asses whipped. I also wonder why money is spent protecting Jihadi shithead family, there are better things to be done with the insane amount of money wasted on this and it could benefit all communities.