SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Dr Z Carmen Ghia

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Lovely amps...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16679
    @Blueingreen....I think you'll find Dr Z 18 watts is very very loud...easy keep up with band .They are renowned for being offensively loud -in fact I doubt you will get to turn the volume knob more than 60%......................see the comments currently on here about the Zwreck and all the Dr Z fanboys writing in about how loud their various amps are !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    I have a Dr Z Maz 18w - never had it past halfway - got complaints from the rest of the band (well two 2x10s was a bit over the top for a rehearsal studio ;) )
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Best thing to do is head over to the excellent Dr. Z. forum where plenty of advice is on hand:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarmanguitarman Frets: 52
    I play in a 4 piece function band and never have a problem cutting through the mix. I play a Les Paul and a Tom Anderson Classic S. Between the 2 guitars I can get pretty much any sound with a few basic pedals. (reverb + overdrive).

The only reason I am selling is because I'm crazy!! LOL!
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    I'm old-school and coming back to playing after many years lay off.  My gigging experience pre-dates the modern use of low-wattage amps - I've never gigged with less than 50 watts.  I'm definitely open to the idea that 18 watts can work, but I'd need to be surer than I am before I actually buy a low-wattage amp.  I've been burned before with a bass set-up (Ashdown 300w 1x 10"  combo) reviewers said was giggable.  Not in the band I was in it wasn't, not even after adding an extension cab.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2716
    Sorry guitarman what was meant to be an encouraging aside is now becoming a distraction from your for-sale thread. I'm a registered member at ztalk and am familiar with the MusicRadar article you've linked to.  I get that it's a loud 18 watts, and if I'd used a similar sized amp to gig with successfully I'd be all over it at what is a great price.  What neither reviews nor forum talk can tell me is whether the amp would be loud enough for me in my band (fwiw some of the online chatter is contradictory on that point - many people don't find 18 watts adequate).  Not least because we're still at the rehearsal stage and what works in a rehearsal may not work at a gig and vice-versa.

Had I been convinced these were loud enough I'd probably have bought the one in Coda, because I like the idea of the smaller head, but at the revised price yours is a stonkingly good deal.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 70
    For @Blueingreen or anyone else considering this amp, I have an 18w Dr Z (Maz 18) which I've gigged with many times and I've never had the master volume above 1/2 way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 428
    PM'd
  • i may be interested in this - let me know if it's still available and you would be able to pack it up to be couriered
    Yes I can pack. Postage must be paid by buyer though. I have the original box for postage.
  • llewllew Frets: 78
    Gigged a maz maz18 and a carmen ghia and they're easily capable of keeping up with a loud band. The volume is usualy a touch past half way. We played a venue the other day with 200 people and I didn't have to max it or mic it.Great amp's.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Are you able/willing to post?

Yes I can post. I'll have to charge for that though. Probably around £35 insured depending where you live. I have the original Dr Z box with the padding.
    edited April 2015
    Here is a video if the amp in action! Solo at 2:35

• pmed

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    That's ace.
  • BARGAIN