Asparagus piss.

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
Always quite a worrying smell for that split second until you remember you ate some.

That is all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Nice, thanks for sharing ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    yes, we eat a lot of asparagus here when it's in season & it has the same effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    The new Hipster drink of choice, apparently. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 625

Apparantly it has that effect on nearly everyone, but some people lack the ability to smell it so they think it doesn't.

Only way to be sure is to get someone else to sniff yours.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Same happens with Sugar Puffs too. 
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489

One day I'm going to remember to have some paracetamol or antibiotics after eating asparagus.

It would be interesting to see which piss smell comes out on top. :)

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 625
    Mix it with Berocca, the combination is almost hallucinogenic.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    If you're worried by this, then I recommend drinking piss. It'll smell exactly the same when it comes out. 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Go on, what's it actually smell like?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    If you're worried by this, then I recommend drinking piss. It'll smell exactly the same when it comes out. 

If not better...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318

Do you mean if you drink the Asparagus laced piss, it still smells of Asparagus after a 2nd pass?? Bloody persistent stuff isn't it...

Thanks for doing the testing on this man.
  • vizviz Frets: 11024
    edited October 2015
    If you drink Palo Cortado sherry with asparagus (or sometimes even amontillado or oloroso), the effect is somewhat neutralised, which is why the combination is known to be such a complementary match.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Try eating them with beetroot, it won't smell any better but it's a more interesting color.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

Sassafras said:
    Try eating them with beetroot, it won't smell any better but it's a more interesting color.
    yeah replace the "why does that smell odd?" with "there's blood in my piss!"
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1647
    A few years ago i went on an asparagus bender for a week, having a load each evening to test out the 'making your piss smelly funny'. Never smelt a difference.

• WezVWezV Frets: 17461
    Bezzer said:

Apparantly it has that effect on nearly everyone, but some people lack the ability to smell it so they think it doesn't.

Only way to be sure is to get someone else to sniff yours.

apparently  some people are producers and some people are detector - and its all genetic.   Sounds like @dano is not a detector, but would need someone who has smelt it before to see if he is a producer

its all rather inconclusive

Fwiw i don't mind the smell
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24996
    WezV;617860" said:
    Fwiw i don't mind the smell
    Really?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17461
    The smell of my own asparagus piss seems pungent, but in a rather pleasant natural way. Like being in a dark wood in spring.

So yeah, I like it. just like I enjoy the smell of strong weed when someone else is smoking it, even though I have not smoked any in 15 years. And I love the smell of hops
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    I only discovered asparagus about 2 months ago.  I thought I wouldn't like it because.... (no rational reason).

It's lovely and I've been having it about four times a week.  Steamed.  With a bit of salt and butter.  Favourite so far is with omelette.

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1459
    edited May 2015
    Steamed? What a waste! Try this- Blanche for 3 mins, plunge into bowl of iced water, drain, dry, get grill pan on stove, add oil and heat until smoking, and chuck in spears. Griddle until charred and serve with freshly shaved Parmesan and good quality balsamic and sprinkle with Malden sea salt. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom