Looking for a good PS4 deal

What's Hot
martmart Frets: 5213
My son has saved up his pocket money and decided he wants a PS4, with the Bloodborne game. I'm not into games at all, so have no idea where to get this for the best price. Can anyone give me some suggestions where the best deals are to be had? Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5124
    I've been looking into this of late, the best deal a week ago was £290 for the console with £25 quid off another game. That was from argos but not sure if the deal is still on. Either way that's about the right amount.

I'm not sure how old your son is, but just to make you aware, bloodborne is a 16+ title. I'm not sure what elements of the game contribute to this rating. But thought it best to let you know!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    Thanks. My son isn't yet 16, so thanks for the heads-up on the age rating; I'll look into what's behind the 16+ rating and decide if I think it's going to be ok for him.

Argos don't seem to be offering the £290 deal still, but it's useful to know that they sometimes have the best prices. They are really random - sometimes ridiculously high prices and other times the cheapest around. Keeps you on your toes, I suppose! :)
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    I believe Currys are doing the PS4 for £279.99 this weekend 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @bazxkr Many thanks for that - it's a good bit better than any other offers I'd found. After a quick click-and-collect and a mad dash across town I managed to snap one up from Currys five minutes before they shut. :) Happy son = happy dad. Cheers mate!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    edited May 2015
    Bloodborne is massively violent in a fantasy kinda way. I'd have been fine with it at 14 or so but maybe not much younger. Not the same kind of adult content as GTA's old "hire hooker, shag hooker, murder hooker" routine, but worth looking at some footage on youtube if you're concerned. 

I haven't played it but FWIW it's supposed to be excellent.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    mart said:
    @bazxkr Many thanks for that - it's a good bit better than any other offers I'd found. After a quick click-and-collect and a mad dash across town I managed to snap one up from Currys five minutes before they shut. :) Happy son = happy dad. Cheers mate!
    Glad you got sorted...I was on there for a TV but bottled it LOL Always tomorrow.......
    Bloodborne is massively violent in a fantasy kinda way. I'd have been fine with it at 14 or so but maybe not much younger. Not the same kind of adult content as GTA's old "hire hooker, shag hooker, murder hooker" routine, but worth looking at some footage on youtube if you're concerned. 

I haven't played it but FWIW it's supposed to be excellent.
    Thanks. My son is 14 but pretty mature for his age, so I think I'll risk it. If I never post on here again, you'll know that I made the wrong call and he turned into a serial killer.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom