Suggest a new monitor for my computer

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5105
I want to get a new monitor for my PC. The video card has HDMI, VGA and DVI outputs. I am using an old 17" Philips flatscreen, VGA connection and want something better. Size 20" to 24" or thereabouts. Cost in the region of €225 or £200. Hard to know from checking in shops, everything looks good playing videos. Main uses of the computer are browsing the Internet, using MS Word, EAC and such like. No game playing or Skype sessions. Suggestions are welcome please. Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    edited May 2015
    I'll be replacing my old VGA 22" Asus next month for a 27" BenQ monitor HDMI DVI , A friend has had one for a while & the picture quality is perfect, great price too.   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381084595159?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    I picked up a 1080HD 27" TV & used that via the HDMI for less than £150. Cracking picture and was cheaper than buying a 27"dedicated monitor.
    Plus if ever I need it got the TV too. Wall mounted it so it is nicely out the way.
    Big plus is the amount of HDMI inputs. So I can also use my laptop or netbook into it as well if I need to work off them and still use the nice big screen with the handy side input.

If you go the monitor route the BenQ 27" is real nice. Check ebuyer out too as they soetimes have some cracking deals on the large BenQ monitors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    I've been looking recently and the Dell E2214h, E2314h, and E2414h all look decent, if a little dull. VGA and DVI inputs, full HD screen and cheap!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3119
    @bazxkr - what TV was that?

R.
  • frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
    As long as it's full HD, 60Hz, has 2 x HDMI and a DVI and looksnice you're onto a  winner really. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    @bazxkr - what TV was that?

R.
    It's a Hannspree off ebuyer.com (gotta be 2 yrs ago or more now). Can probably get 32" for the same money now
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    What outputs do you have on your PC?

I'd use HDMI or DVI over VGA if I had any choice whatsoever.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    Dell u2415. 1920 x 1200 is a much better resolution for everyday computing. Just got one and it's excellent. Fast response, very accurate colour, IPS panel. DVI or display port input and a very thin bezel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3119
    Yeah, +1 for Dells - I have three! (not that specific model, but same res) R.