Flight cases?

What's Hot
stedsted Frets: 259
Where does everyone get their flight cases? Need one for my Friedman head but my usual source (Flightcase warehouse) doesn't seem to have an in stock size to suit, anyone know anywhere else I should check out?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    can't you send them the dimensions to have one made up?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    Pete24v said:
    can't you send them the dimensions to have one made up?
    Yes, but make sure you include the full dimensions including feet and handles. They made one for me with dimensions they got from the manufacturer's spec, and the lid wouldn't quite close because the feet and handle were a bit taller than standard.

They apologised for the mistake - it was the first case they'd ever made for that amp model apparently - and replaced it within 48hrs, so I would still use them again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I had one made up by Trifibre who are local to me, I took it into the workshop to be measured. When i recieved the case there was a 1 inch gap between the top of the amp head and the foam in the lid. They rectified it there and then by removing the lid and bottom foam, and replacing it with thicker stuff.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    Castle cases have done a few orders for me and I've always been happy with them.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Adrenaline Flight cases in Swinton are great. I i highly recommend them and they'll make cases to fit just about anything.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    I had a custom case built from flight case warehouse with excellent customer service
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Pinged an e mail to Adrenaline, could pick it up from there maybe, cheers guys.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Tony (the proprietor) is at the guitar show in Haydock today.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Thomann - send 'em the dimensions
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1550
    Castle Cases have always been excellent for me.