SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb jtm45

What's Hot
MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
edited July 2015 in Amps £
Never had one. Would quite like one. Any going?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    not here, try classifieds.

Mine's not for sale anyway ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Loved mine. Impossible to gig sensibly at 'full tilt' tho, well, I found. Same as the BB combo. Just too ferkin loud!

Unless yer filling stadiums that is!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    Can I just give a shout to Martins MJW amps.

I was looking for a JTM45 for a while but I found them a little too loud.

I bought a MJW amp and you can get one with all the sound but a bit of functionality of having powerscaling and an FX loop.

Of course I am a massive fan of the Marshall JtM45's and if it's a Marshall you're after you won't go wrong as they are in my oppinion the best sounding amps out there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 149
    @thisisguitar has/had a cornell 45/50 going
    jtm/jmp switch and you can drop it down to ~15 watts (its still loud though)
    had a go on it on the weekend and it was phenomenal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    shaunm said:
    Can I just give a shout to Martins MJW amps.

I was looking for a JTM45 for a while but I found them a little too loud.

I bought a MJW amp and you can get one with all the sound but a bit of functionality of having powerscaling and an FX loop.

Of course I am a massive fan of the Marshall JtM45's and if it's a Marshall you're after you won't go wrong as they are in my oppinion the best sounding amps out there.
    Which model???
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
    edited July 2015
    I do still have it.

I did withdraw it, but could be tempted to sell.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    @jd0272 mine is a Roadstar 18. It doesn't have the power of the JTM45 (though I know Martin does a 36watt version that I am sure would be enough).

To my ears this amp gets me close to the driven JTM45 tones that I've tried out and loved.

Martin also does a different model that he once suggested to me as an alternative to JTM which I believe is called a V6 (could be wrong there).
    shaunm said:
    @jd0272 mine is a Roadstar 18. It doesn't have the power of the JTM45 (though I know Martin does a 36watt version that I am sure would be enough).

To my ears this amp gets me close to the driven JTM45 tones that I've tried out and loved.

Martin also does a different model that he once suggested to me as an alternative to JTM which I believe is called a V6 (could be wrong there).

Ta for that. The 'power' of a JTM45 is universally quite unusable, hence me query. I shall assign some thought to this.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2521
    The JTM 45 is the best pedal platform
    Marshall make. It's probably one of the best sounding overdriven amps they make too. Depending what you're looking for obviously.

Also. They aren't loud. I used to gig mine frequently and it got to the point where I had no headroom for solos etc.

So much so, I even sent it to Marshall to see if there was anything wrong with it.

Other than the slight lack of overall volume, they're absolutely great otherwise.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667

They're plenty loud enough. I recently got an '89 reissue which I gigged for the first time last night. I play in a hard/alternate rock band. Channels jumpered, both volumes set to 2 then pedals to boost. I agree with them being a great platform for pedals though. I use an OCD for crunch rhythm and (in a separate loop) a Maxon OD9 and an Xotic EP Booster for solos.

Sounded wonderful last night, first time since I got it that I've been really happy. I pair it with a Marshall 2x12 which I fitted with Creambacks. Great combination.

edited July 2015
    Nerine said:
    The JTM 45 is the best pedal platform
    Marshall make. It's probably one of the best sounding overdriven amps they make too. Depending what you're looking for obviously.

Also. They aren't loud. I used to gig mine frequently and it got to the point where I had no headroom for solos etc.

So much so, I even sent it to Marshall to see if there was anything wrong with it.

Other than the slight lack of overall volume, they're absolutely great otherwise.
    I'm gonna assume you weren't playing pubs? Or you had a defective model? Both the JTM's and BB combo's I've had in the past were all ear splitters. Absolutely no chance of getting them to full tilt even in a huge venue room.

And that's without PA (at that time). 

Lush amps though.
  • MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    Would also consider a 1959slp if anyone has one.
    Bump
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    I have a 1959slp...check it out but you are a bit of a distance away...

Sorry, not looking for a 1959 any more. Just a JTM45.
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 258
    I'm away from home for a couple of days so I haven't got all the details with me, but I've been thinking of selling my hand wired JTM45 clone.
    It was built by a guy here (or at music radar) who has/had his own little company.
    His name's Pete something. Some of the guys here may know him??

It's a JTM45 with PPIMV (or something like that). And the ability to switch between JTM45 and 100. Runs on KT66's.

The amp itself sounds amazing but the cab leaves a bit to be desired. Finished in Fender blonde.

Can send you more info when I'm back home on Friday if it's something you'd be interested in.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    I have one I might part with - PM me if you're interested?
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)