Another relic mastercraftsman at work

What's Hot

Comments

• GuitarWorkzGuitarWorkz Frets: 107
    edited August 2015
    usedtobe said:
    You could always change the knobs.

I actually thought about that, and I'm just too shallow that it would end up being more than just changing the fender knobs, I don't like the look of chrome with white, so if I went with chrome knobs I'd have to chance the pickguard to black or something other than white, the same goes for the pickup, it would be the same if I changed to brass knobs.  The cool skull and cross bones topped speedster knobs would not go well with the white, neither would any of the other 'Gibson' style knobs I can think of, the clear white speedster knobs might of been an option, but then there's the fact that I've just basically bought this guitar with a different badge on it, so there is no point buying it again in a different finish.

I actually spent quite a long time last night trying to justifying buying it to myself, but I have a guitar shop holding a few PRS's for me to look at in the next few days, so I'm buying another new guitar this week anyway, I don't need another guitar fix that quick.
    Custom guitars & guitar competitions
    http://www.guitarworkz.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi guys and girls :)
    Yes it was me with the wrecked strat! Haha funny seeing what a stir I have caused or reaction lol but I want to clear a few things up first. Alot of you are assuming I done this to the guitar....I did not, I got this from another guy (an artist) who makes them like this....whether you call it relic or completely wrecked look is upto the individual :)
    Also some guy a few comments ago guitarworkz or whatever your name is?? Lol you also stated I wanted a real gibson les paul or gibson es335 for it....the advert never stated that!! It actually said les paul style or es335 style! What does that actually mean...it means a guitar in either of this style...correct? Either you like making things up or you are dislecsic? Retarded? And why call me a wanker Chris? Lol
    Whether you like a guitar or dislike a guitar is purely down to your own opinion and perspective on what you think is nice.
    I liked the strat when I got it...it felt great to play....sounded really nice! The fact it looked so different was part of the appeal I guess.
    Anyway it's gone now and the guy who swapped liked it....an experienced player who has real fender strats but still liked it.
    People shouldn't be so judgemental on other people so fast....just because a person likes something you don't doesn't mean they should get called a wanker etc
    The advert was straight up and honest.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    guitarguy said:
    Hi guys and girls :)
    Yes it was me with the wrecked strat! Haha funny seeing what a stir I have caused or reaction lol but I want to clear a few things up first. Alot of you are assuming I done this to the guitar....I did not, I got this from another guy (an artist) who makes them like this....whether you call it relic or completely wrecked look is upto the individual :)
    Also some guy a few comments ago guitarworkz or whatever your name is?? Lol you also stated I wanted a real gibson les paul or gibson es335 for it....the advert never stated that!! It actually said les paul style or es335 style! What does that actually mean...it means a guitar in either of this style...correct? Either you like making things up or you are dislecsic? Retarded? And why call me a wanker Chris? Lol
    Whether you like a guitar or dislike a guitar is purely down to your own opinion and perspective on what you think is nice.
    I liked the strat when I got it...it felt great to play....sounded really nice! The fact it looked so different was part of the appeal I guess.
    Anyway it's gone now and the guy who swapped liked it....an experienced player who has real fender strats but still liked it.
    People shouldn't be so judgemental on other people so fast....just because a person likes something you don't doesn't mean they should get called a wanker etc

Good to hear your side @guitarguy - welcome to the Fretboard. We're (generally) nice here, it's your round  ;)
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha thanks moss :) I had to set the record straight on this.
    We are all individuals, with different tastes and likes and that's what makes life in general interesting and music!
    Thanks for welcoming me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    guitarguy said:
    Hi guys and girls :)

That's awesome, have a wis. Welcome mate, I hope you stick around.

You should probably learn how to spell dyslexic before you try to use it as an insult though :) 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Welcome.

As you've worked out I sent you the link to the forum.
    I hope you stick around as well.

Certainly no deception in your ad.
    The relic job is certainly individual.
    Have you sold it yet?
  • Yeah I know I'm pretty shit at spelling lol apologies.
    Didn't sell it I traded it for a les paul or es335 STYLE guitar :)
    Yeah I will stick around for guitar chat for sure
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25095
    edited August 2015
    Welcome to the forum @guitarguy, now that you're here have you still got pictures of this curiosity?  I never got to see the Gumtree ad which has now gone.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    ^^ I'm interested to see what the fuss is about :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• Haha no I took it down as it's gone so the advert is deactivated.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Just so you know, a lot of gear gets traded, bought and sold here.
    IMHO (and I'm just a member here, nothing to do with running the place) it is the best place in the UK to trade gear.
    A lot less time wasters and scammers than gumtree/ebay.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool :) I will bare that in mind
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23190
    And we don't insist on you attending one of the ritual moonlit sacrificial pageants until you've reached your 100th post so no need to rush to buy the robes just yet. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha ooookkkk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Great post, try not to take any of the vitriol on here seriously, people talk a hell of a lot more openly when they are anonymous and typing on a keyboard.
    Plus this is predominantly a guitarist site and... Well you know what guitarists are like....
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    guitarguy said:
    Yeah I know I'm pretty shit at spelling lol apologies.
    Didn't sell it I traded it for a les paul or es335 STYLE guitar :)
    Yeah I will stick around for guitar chat for sure

how come you dont know which guitar you traded it for?

• What makes you think I don't know?...lol of course I know I'm the one who traded it haha
    I can see why you picked your username....
    A better question would have been...what guitar did you trade it for? :)
  • On a positive note it is pretty cool to meet you all and I thank you for all welcoming me to the wonderful world of guitar chat :) you all seem pleasant folk, some a bit more dense than others but overall very nice!
  • Stop pissing about and show us all what we want to see - pics of the geetar
  • I swapped it for a chinese copy les paul...59 reissue I think? I've read up alot on these previous....they can be hit and miss however this is a hit ;) I gave it a good setup and it plays really nice now...even the pups sound pretty good and wax potted. Will post pics tomorrow