Fake fishman preamp?

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
in Acoustics tFB Trader
Just picked up a nice breedlove guitar, the preamp is a Fishman classic 4t. Nice enough, but I miss having a notch filter and thought it would be nice to mix in some mic with the piezo to make the sound a little more natural.

I had a look on ebay and came across the fishman presys 301 - however the price at £14.99;seems stupidly low. Is it possible that it might be a fake, or are they really this cheap?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=391141762727&alt=web
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Does seem a bit cheap, doesn't it..!?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Thought they were more like £80.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    So did I :-)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    edited August 2015
    Scroll down to Business Seller Information.

motorpart
    黎杰仪
    Baiyun Zone Time Rose Garden Three Building H2 Room 403 China
    510440 GUANGZHOU, 广东省
    中國

Also notice that although the first pic appears to be of a genuine Fishman preamp, the ones below where it says '4-Band EQ Equalizer' clearly aren't.

Hmmm

Doesn't necessarily mean it won't work or sound OK, but it's definitely fake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    I'll give it a miss. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10012
    It also appears to be built on Veroboard!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    It also appears to be built on Veroboard!
    No, that's a 'recommended mod' external circuit to enable it to be blended with a magnetic soundhole pickup and have it all run from one battery, not part of the actual preamp unit. It still looks dodgy though!

I did something similar with my genuine Fishman Matrix preamp, but I was able to work out how to do it inside the preamp itself.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein