Come Together Acoustic

What's Hot
I love this ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    When I see something like that it makes me realise that I should probably pack it in, what I do isn't even playing guitar compared to something that good, that complete.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    What a twat!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 774
    underdog said:
    When I see something like that it makes me realise that I should probably pack it in, what I do isn't even playing guitar compared to something that good, that complete.
    Don't feel too bad this guy apparently studied under Segovia so he's got a bit of pedigree.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The slappy percussive style is starting to grate a bit, for me. I think in years to come we'll look back on it as the aural equivalent of the mullet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 774
    mellowsun said:
    The slappy percussive style is starting to grate a bit, for me. I think in years to come we'll look back on it as the aural equivalent of the mullet.
    I know what you mean I saw a kid playing the other day and he seemed to be doing everything to his guitar apart from touching the strings, it was plain awful.
    However, in this video I think it fits the song and I don't think it is overdone.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I don't mind percussive stuff on decent well written instrumental music or in a proper song with actual singing.

This is just meh.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited August 2015
    If that's "meh" I dread to think what most players are! He was obviously just having a bit of fun but very impressive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I like some of Michael Hedges early stuff, especially the more melodic subtle pieces with minimal slappy/tappy bits, and Kaki King is interesting, but the direction the extended technique has gone in seems a bit .... naff really.

I think this is a nice piece with the clever use of the backward loop though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaGwblJJH8Y

A gentleman is someone who can play the Ukulele, but doesn't.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1414
    mellowsun said:
    i wholeheartedly agree. I normally wouldn't watch when they start doing that but I love people that do finger style beatles arrangements. makes you realise how much is going on in those songs
    How very rock and roll
  • mellowsun said:
    i wholeheartedly agree. I normally wouldn't watch when they start doing that but I love people that do finger style beatles arrangements. makes you realise how much is going on in those songs
     +1 laurence Juber really seems to dig out the beauty in Beatles arrangements.

A gentleman is someone who can play the Ukulele, but doesn't.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's cool but with that sort of playing you really have to learn the piece and play. Must be difficult to improvise with that sort of playing. Credit to the guy for putting the vid up. @underdog I'm sure you could do it!!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    thomasross20;747205" said:
    It's cool but with that sort of playing you really have to learn the piece and play. Must be difficult to improvise with that sort of playing. Credit to the guy for putting the vid up. @underdog I'm sure you could do it!!
    Not a chance in hell, take the pick out of my hand and I would struggle with twinkle twinkle :D
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2465

See kids, buy Yamaha guitars and you too can be that good but still be a virgin at 55 and have no friends.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Hw´s got some seriously nice accoustics.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1817

See kids, buy Yamaha guitars and you too can be that good but still be a virgin at 55 and have no friends.

lol, you're not in the marketing department are you ;-)

The video in the op is very very impressive but I think it gets a bit boring and repetitive when you do a instrumental version of a song with lyrics. I liked it when he sang the "shoooop" bit!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    I really like this style of playing but this isn't for me. No doubt Mr Chapdelaine has some talent but I don't think I've liked anything I've heard the man do. @thomasross20 some of these guys do improv on the fly, Don Ross is one example, but it's not that sort of music. Think more classical style, interpretations of pieces.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• LewyLewy Frets: 4498
    Can anyone else hear timing issues in this performance?