How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc)

What's Hot

Comments

• Can one temporarily delete a profile or does or does it have to be the full hog? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How do I .... Change my name? Can I get that done?
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Is there Tapatalk support for this forum?
  • Jack_ said:
    Is there Tapatalk support for this forum?
    no,  I think it was talked about but never implemented 

• NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    I've just changed my email from Virgin (which kept mucking up) to Gmail (fine) but all my notifications from The Fretboard now end up in the spam box. They were OK on Virgin.

I've tried all sorts. All the other fora I post on have been fine with notifications but for some reason FB is not.

Any ideas?
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    If I need to sell guitars, amps and other misc stuff in one lot, which board should I post to? 

Or do I have to break them up?
  • This might be me being dim, but I just found that when posting several YouTube links that most seem too appear as images.
    If I delete & re-post they then seem OK but the other links have stopped working. I could just delete the lot & start again, but  thought you might like to have a look. This has worked fine before incidentally.
    Cheers.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    @ttony @digitalscream ;

Helpful suggestion- as we're all manic depressives, might I suggest these handy q's for password reset?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    edited September 2016
    Gassage said:
    @ttony @digitalscream ;;

Helpful suggestion- as we're all manic depressives, might I suggest these handy q's for password reset?

+ 'At what age did the sense of your own mortality start to overwhelm you?'
  • Problem with the new editor on iPhone 5s.
    If I type a shed load of text and the editor box grows beyond the screen size i can no longer see the editor box as it is under the keyboard so end up typing blind. Also happens on iPad 2 mini
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3040
    Any one else having problems with photos not uploading to messages in editor? I paste a link into the insert url bar, the photo appears then disappears as soon as you press 'post comment'
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    How on earth do you embed Twitter posts? Can you? I've just tried every combination I can think of but no luck.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Does everyone else get a notification when you've been quoted in a post? I never do. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Kylef said:
    Does everyone else get a notification when you've been quoted in a post? I never do. 
    @kylef - that's because you set up your notification preferences *not* to have those notifications emailed to you.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    TTony said:
    Kylef said:
    @kylef - that's because you set up your notification preferences *not* to have those notifications emailed to you.
    It's not the email notification I'm after, it's the red notification top left on the screen. 
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Is there a way to remove the red notification things from one particular thread I commented on?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Foster said:
    Is there a way to remove the red notification things from one particular thread I commented on?

It's an all-or-nothing option if you're set up to receive notifications by default.

Alternative option is to set up to not receive notifications by default, and to then bookmark the individual threads for which you do want notifications of updates.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    What's happening with YouTube clips lately? Used to be if I clicked on one in someone's post it would come up full size. Now it's staying really small and there's no play/pause option, so I have to watch it all the way through. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    When entering comments with Edge, when I press enter to get a new line, it doesn't work. Well it does, but when I switch to the code view, it seems to have paced the <br> at the end, rather than where the cursor is?
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2370
    Is the tapatalk plugin still a no go for the fretboard?