Pedal Power Supply Query

What's Hot
danodano Frets: 1647
I'm after an new power supply to run the following pedals rather than the mix of various wall warts and daisy chains I have at present. The pedals are going on a PedalTrain 2 so ideally mount the supply underneath.

I've just measured the current draw on the high current pedals
- Nova Repeater 220mA @12V (or 260mA at 9V).
- Moog low pass filter. 90mA @12V.
- Micro Pog. Runs at 160mA from a 9V supply
- The remainder (generally 6 pedals) are a TU-2 Tuner, a DIY fuzz, a T-Rex Mudhoney (which I prefer running at 12V), a DIY booster, Boss PH-1R phaser (9V daisy chained) and occasionally a Electro Harmonix Tremolo (9V). I somethings use an EQ or maybe a second dirt pedal at 9V.

The Moog is centre positive as opposed to a Boss style centre negative, so I have a polarity inverter I use on my daisy chain for this. So ideally plugging this directly into an isolated output on a PSU

Options are
Pedal Power 2. This will power the Micro Pog (using the 9V high current output) , however can not do the Nova Repeater. Sag feature could be nice for the fuzz pedals
T-Rex Fuel Tank Junior. 5 x 9V at 120mA each. This can power everything except the Nova Repeater. The Micro Pog would need the supplied 'Y' cable so two outputs woudl be running into the MP.  So a dedicated 12V wall wort for the Nova Repeater required
T-REx Fuel Tank Classic. I could run the Nova Repeater and Moog off the single 12V output, the other 8 non isolated outputs can run the remainder of the pedals I think
T-Rex Juicy Lucy. This will power the the Nova and Moog, but still need a 9V supply.

Other options ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 488
    maybe a cioks dc8

Outlet 1-2: 9V DC / 100mA each
    Outlet 3-4: 9 or 12V DC / 100mA each
    Outlet 5-6: 9 and 12V DC / 300mA
    Outlet 7-8: 9 and 12V DC / 300mA
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2013

Have you looked at the rest of the Voodoo labs range? I've not checked all your list against the specs but the 4x4 and the Mondo might do the trick.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I ran my Repeater off my PP2 output 5 or 6 for months without trouble until I noticed that it technically was 10ma over the rating of those outputs. I really don't think the PP2 would ever actually have a problem powering it unless you were very unlucky.

That said I'm powering the TC with the supplied 12v adapter and it might be my imagination but i think it sounds slightly clearer at 12v.
  • danodano Frets: 1647
    Cirrus said:
    I ran my Repeater off my PP2 output 5 or 6 for months without trouble until I noticed that it technically was 10ma over the rating of those outputs. I really don't think the PP2 would ever actually have a problem powering it unless you were very unlucky.

That said I'm powering the TC with the supplied 12v adapter and it might be my imagination but i think it sounds slightly clearer at 12v.
    That's my reasoning to for running it at 12V, i think it sounds better.
  • danodano Frets: 1647

Have you looked at the rest of the Voodoo labs range? I've not checked all your list against the specs but the 4x4 and the Mondo might do the trick.

Ive just checke dthem out, didn't realise that Voodoo Labs made so many power supplies.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

On the cheap, this'll do it - pretty much a Chinese knock-off of a T-Rex Fuel Tank, but I haven't heard any reliability horror stories yet.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    I got a Hot Stone Deluxe, the first one blew up, (apparently first one ever hhmmmm...) but their customer service from over the water via email was fantastic.  Sorted Andertons out etc... and very quickly for me in time for a gig, tons of really good info too.

My replacement has been absolutely rock solid. 
  • I was considering one of these, but haven't gone for it yet...

...8x9v plus a single 12v, all isolated up to a total of 1600mA.  Quick tot up of your peds current draw and it looks like it would do the job.
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE