The H9 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2279
    edited January 2016
    Halikus said:
    https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/eventide-h9-news-namm-2016

Good news indeed,  maybe some of the multi H9 users will have a spare max to sell me?
    Will the firmware allow you to stack multiple presets, or is this is just something particular to SpaceTime? Seems strange that Eventide would introduce technology that would lose them revenue from sales of stompboxes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Halikus said:
    https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/eventide-h9-news-namm-2016

Good news indeed,  maybe some of the multi H9 users will have a spare max to sell me?
    Will the firmware allow you to stack multiple presets, or is this is just something particular to SpaceTime? Seems strange that Eventide would introduce technology that would lose them revenue from sales of stompboxes.
    It's a new algorithm that has parameters in it to control 3 different effect types at once - I'm assuming (I stress that!) that it's far from running 3 of the existing algorithms at once 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    That's correct. Its running a straightforward chorus, dual delay and reverb at once, not 3 uber algorithms.........yet :-)
  • @hubobulous Yes...yet! Oh the sounds from this set-up. First into stereo inputs of the Jazz Chorus, then stereo into the JC and an HRD III. Wow. http://i.imgur.com/RrO0LlE.jpg
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited January 2016
    I posted this in the Pedalboard thread, but its relevant here too. Got this now sorted for use with the Suhr Hedgehog. Gets its first outing on Sunday for loud rehearsal ahead of a beer fest gig on 6th Feb. Really looking forward to using all this kit, along with the Rivera Rockcrusher Recording and Hedgehog.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1459
    Challenge to H9 users. I am trying to get a setting to replicate the 'clanging' repeating sound at the end of I predict a riot by the Kaiser Cheifs. It's a repeating delay but with some sort of pitching thing going on.....I am officially stumped as I can't get it right. Can anyone come close and willing to share the setting?
    Ta
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 39
    I've just noticed that the new update to the H9 Control app (which includes the new SpaceTime algorithm) is in the app store now. I'm not at home so I haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to giving it a try this evening. 
    rsvmark said:
    Challenge to H9 users. I am trying to get a setting to replicate the 'clanging' repeating sound at the end of I predict a riot by the Kaiser Cheifs. It's a repeating delay but with some sort of pitching thing going on.....I am officially stumped as I can't get it right. Can anyone come close and willing to share the setting?
    Ta
    not a sound I'm familiar with tbh :-/ (have a bump)
    Red ones are better. 
  • The shop still doesn't have current doublers, so I'm going to try both H9s into my MXR Iso Brick using the 2 9V 450mA inputs with the red tipped VL reverse polarity cables, and the Timeline in one of the 9V 300mA inputs.

Please can someone confirm that this will NOT melt my pedals?
  • @rich75 This is excellent news.
  • Binty,
    Running your H9 at 9v 450ma is 50ma more than my H9 gets and mine hasn't melted and has been running that way for over a month.

The guy at nice rack Canada who swears by his H9's runs them at 9v 400ma from a voodoo lab pedal power digital.

It'll be fine,
  • @jamiexsilver Sorry to go on about this, mate, just being careful, with the cost and all :)
  • It's fine dude, search the voodoo lab forum there's loads of info about ma and what can power what. That's how I ended up with a pedal power 4x4 but your mxr is just as spec'd as the VL with out a cooling fan I believe.
  • Anyway I've updated my app, got the spacetime ready to go, just need the boy to go to bed then I can have a play.

Any of you guys tried it yet?
    Frustratingly I'm not expecting to be home before the kids are in bed all week, so looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

Has anyone worked out how to change the routing on the effect blocks (I see in the presets that they vary)
    Red ones are better. 
  • Not tried it yet but will be updating soon.

On another note, used the H9s in rehearsal on Sunday and they were great. So useful to have the MIDI connected with the amp, and although I'm starting slow with my live patches, the ones I've got sound awesome.
  • Mmm, not spent long with the spacetime maybe 1/2 hour but it doesn't blow me away. I think I'll need to mess with it a bit more.
  • @jamiexsilver Some need tweaking, but really like Hubble, Star Sailor and Twilight Zone.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1459
    Fellas, 
    Is the new algo a freebie?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 39
    rsvmark said:
    Fellas, 
    Is the new algo a freebie?
    As far as I'm aware it's only free if you have the H9 Max, or have maxed out one of the other models.