what happened to MUSIC RADAR forum?

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16281

will we see it again?

just got another infraction from TGP ...I commented on a knife thread that we in the UK would not be allowed to carry such dangerous weapons in this country not least because of all the stabbings and made what I thought was a joke asking how long would it be before the Americans had the right to carry grenades......** likely situation in pub/bar**  "you spilled your beer on me Bub,look out, duck, fire in the hole!""

anyway I appealed against the infraction decision and was informed that the knife situation was currently a political hot potato, how we in the UK are expected to know this is beyond me

another infraction/ban,( these 2 point infractions can last last 18 months or more), was regarding the fire at Neil Young's home in which no one was hurt but some instruments and documents were destroyed in the fire. The comment/joke that got me banned on this occasion was,wasn't it a great shame that the master tapes to the, IMO,appalling  "rockin' in the free world" were not lost in the fire?

think I'll stick to "on topic" subjects on all sites from now on

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    No one knows if it's coming back, not even the people that work there!

Don't worry about having to reign it in here. We're pretty laid back on moderation so as long as you aren't breaking Rule 1 then you'll be alright. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16281
    cheers M :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Did I miss something? Not sure what the title had to do with the OP?

All I can say is that closing MR like that shows total contempt for the whole online community. Apparently there was nothing wrong with that forum, and it's been shutdown for a ridiculous amount of time. Pretty pathetic.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    edited August 2013
    hootsmon said:

just got another infraction from TGP ...I commented on a knife thread that we in the UK would not be allowed to carry such dangerous weapons in this country not least because of all the stabbings and made what I thought was a joke asking how long would it be before the Americans had the right to carry grenades......** likely situation in pub/bar**  "you spilled your beer on me Bub,look out, duck, fire in the hole!""

Lol

No, most Americans aren't going to find that funny ;).
    hootsmon said:
    another infraction/ban,( these 2 point infractions can last last 18 months or more), was regarding the fire at Neil Young's home in which no one was hurt but some instruments and documents were destroyed in the fire. The comment/joke that got me banned on this occasion was,wasn't it a great shame that the master tapes to the, IMO,appalling  "rockin' in the free world" were not lost in the fire?
    I'm a big fan of Neil Young but you're still welcome here :).

If I remember rightly the fire was started by his electric car project which he wrote an album about... maybe one of his less brilliant ideas.

TGP is a very strange place, don't worry about it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Why would you want to go back?
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    "Rockin I'm the Free World" is one of my band's best numbers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggy;9796" said:
    "Rockin I'm the Free World" is one of my band's best numbers.
    Is that because its so fucking easy to play
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom