SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD off forum : Cornford Hurricane 20w Combo - BIG PRICE DROP

What's Hot
MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1587
edited March 2016 in Amps £
Cornford Hurricane 20W Point-To-Point Valve Guitar Amplifier - £775 NOW £699!!! SOLD OFF FORUM...

I have owned this amp from new, having bought it from the Oxford Guitar Gallery in 2004. It is in dead mint condition and has seen home use only. The amp comes with it's original footswitch for the reverb, footswitch lead, instruction manual and original purchase receipt. Also included is a fitted cover.

Cornford Hurricanes are all valve, point to point wired and have won many awards. They are tonally very flexible with good headroom for clean tones, and of course best known for their fabulous overdrive & distortion tones which can be had at low volume thanks to the gain and master volume controls.

Collection only from Wokingham near Reading, Berkshire

image image image image
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    edited March 2016
    Cornford Hurricane 22W Point-To-Point Valve Guitar Amplifier - £775
    I thought these were 20 watts rather than 22? Looks a great amp, good luck with the sale.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1587
    @fretfinder, showing signs of proper amp geekdom there! ;-) Yes you are correct, correction made. 
  • Trade for a Budda Superdrive 45w 2x12 combo? Killer amp, but I want something a bit smaller. Especially as I also have a 100w head.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @guitarmanessex89, but I'm after a sale. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    edited March 2016
    My first 'real' amp buy this was. Absolutely loved it and kind of regretted selling it. Wouldn't need it now but have a bump for the moment of reminiscing you've just given me ;) I bought my Hellcat combo from that shop in Oxford too ;) Sold my Hurricane for less than that though :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Funny, it was my first real amp too. And after all that, we have both ended up with J20s!
    Must be the natural progression for tone :)
    Majorscale;993274" said:
    Funny, it was my first real amp too. And after all that, we have both ended up with J20s!
    Or maybe David we are just getting older and more mellow? ;-)

The Hurricane exceeds at big rock tones but these days Im more a strat and "clean tone with a bit of breakup" guy!
    I think you're onto something there @Majorscale sounds like me totally ;)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8092
    has it still got the original handle ?

I had a few different Cornfords a few years ago and they used to break a lot . . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    @Paul_C , yes that is the original handle. The amp is mint.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Lovely looking amp, and seems a lot of amp for the money. GLWTS !!
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 866
    Nice!
    Big price drop to £699 for quick sale! 

These are point to point wired, all valve, built in the UK tone machines. Original cost to me was £1200!!!
  • Have you changed the valves in the past 12 years that you have owned this amp and has the amp ever been serviced? Also, is there any audible hiss or hum at a typical 'pub venue' volume?
    @guitarman66, any pub volume hiss would depend on how much gain you've dialled in. At high gain there will be some noise.

Coincidentally I've had three enquiries on this amp today, and it has now sold!