woo hoo GT Trio Incoming

mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
Deal concluded and it's in transit.

Canny wait to get my hands on it.  3 channel (clean, mean, scream) all with seperate controls.  Older brown finish but later of early ones as it has the blend switch to turn three into a combined 1+3 channel.  Also has the very rare midi control fitted :)

Will be sitting in loop of my GSP1101 with control 2 which I'll set up to switch channels etc via program or stomp button.

Seems off known person used them. Steve from Marilion, Tears for Fears, Jerry Garcia out of Grateful Dead (well in later years) and even Billy Gibbons had a hack of a lot of nice things to say about them in 90's.  Regarded as one of best cleans ever and must say for bluesey, 70's rock, ac/dc tones it looks a seriously compelling unit.

quick vid seller on here took before boxing so no tweaking done just a quick show it works :) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I remember hearing about these, never seen one in the flesh! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Tbh I'd never heard of them. Got offered it on a wanted add for a midi valve preamp on here.  But having listened to the few vids available of them I think for what I wanted it for I'd struggle to find better.  Probs just have 3 nice tones... Clean, a good rock one and a Freddie king type blues (1+3 blend is suppose to sound fender at 11 so that should work).  Will have a play about may end up with clean and two blues ones.  Then they'll sit in my most common presets on GSP instead of it's internal preamp :)
  • veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83

Great Pre amp. I used one for a while, in early 90's, into a Boogie 395 Power amp.

Really versatile, Enjoy.

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited March 2017
    Sure I will, arrived late this afternoon and looks immaculate.  5 x 12ax7's and lovely laid out internals.  Went and collected midi cable and patch cables tonight so will have it in rack and ready to test tomorrow.  Can't wait

was missing the shield on 2nd valve from left.  Not sure why that one is shielded in particular but for completeness orders a cover for it in anodized gold (yeah I know I'll never see it but still)