Feline Spring 2024 Fretwork Offer - 10% off for Fretboard members

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
in Guitar tFB Trader
From now till Mayday bank holiday we will offer a 10% discount on labour charges on 
  • Skim and set-ups
  • Fret dressing
  • Refrets
This offer open to those Fretboard members who are signed up (so do sign up for an account if only a casual browser), and come and see us for some TLC on your frets.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4808
    edited March 14
    Not more temptation!! PM sent.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Boromedic said:
    Not more temptation!! PM sent.
    Temptation and good service is what we are about  =)

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Just to endorse Feline's work, I've been playing two guitars this morning that were set up by Jon's team - an ES-330 and a Custom Shop SG. They're just a joy to play and the 330, in particular, was a dog before it was sent down to Croydon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Only place I'd send my guitars now, despite having some decent folk nearby. It's worth the postage and effort because the result is head and shoulders above anyone else I've tried.

I can do some decent set up work, including fret levelling and dressing, but its an art tbh. Like tiling or plastering, I can do it too, but the really good people will do it better than me because it's their skillset and they do it everyday. 

• BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1104
    This is objectively a good offer, and I've no doubt the work is exemplary.

However, it's still effectively advertising and selling.

I know Feline give a lot to the forum and also sponsor it, which helps maintain it as "a thing" we all benefit from, but there has always been a feeling of a false equivalence where certain contributors get away with stuff the rest of us would "rightly" get called up on. What if I tried to sell a guitar here? I'd be told "that's what the classifieds are for".

Not trying to cause an argument. I just think it's only fair we all follow the same rules. I've made similar comments in the past when other traders have posted threads like this.
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 31
    BigPaulie said:

I know Feline give a lot to the forum and also sponsor it, which helps maintain it as "a thing" we all benefit from, but there has always been a feeling of a false equivalence where certain contributors get away with stuff the rest of us would "rightly" get called up on. What if I tried to sell a guitar here? I'd be told "that's what the classifieds are for".

Not trying to cause an argument. I just think it's only fair we all follow the same rules. I've made similar comments in the past when other traders have posted threads like this.
    Wow, what a dick thing to say, why don't you message the mods if you need it clarifying. Honestly, I don't know why some companies bother with here sometimes. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4522
    Because one of the original stated aims of the forum was to support small, UK-based businesses and makers.  I'm fairly sure that many of us hadn't heard of Feline, Oil City, etc. before they featured on here, and Jon and Ash will have done some good business as a result.  Their Fretboard-only deals are a way of giving something back.  Seriously, I really don't see what the issue is.  You don't have to give them your money.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26583
    edited March 31
    BigPaulie said:

#1 - Feline don't sponsor the forum.

#2 - Feline are a trusted business, having contributed to the community (with content) since the forum's inception and gained a great reputation on here, and that's why they have the tFB Trader tag on their posts. As a tFB Trader, they get perks on here that other businesses do not - including, but not limited to, having a banner at the top of the site whenever they want (and it's not already taken), and yes...advertising offers in the main sections. No money changes hands for the banners, and the only condition is that it must be an exclusive offer for tFB members.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 31 tFB Trader
    Of course it is promoting my business, while at the same time offering a deal to members of this forum not offered elsewhere, which is something that the admin had hoped to encourage to add value to being a signed up member of this forum. 
    Other traders do this too and it is good for the community.

I'm aware that as a business entity I have to tread a fine line, on a forum I like and would choose to be a member of even if I didn't have a relevant business (and I'm not alone in doing so).

There are things I try hard to do to contribute 

Independently choosing to pay a higher level of monthly contribution/subscription to the forum because we recognise that we get value and exposure.

Trying to offer good advice where possible and trying to be helpful when time allows,  ( i recognise that others do this also without anything to gain though)

Taking care to not overly spam the forum with stuff all the time, and to try to also contribute positively to the conversation, and not get caught up in controversy or arguments.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 25reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Thank-you to those who have taken up on the offer . 
    There are still 2 weeks left if anyone still wants to avail themselves of the deal - as long as booked in before the early May Bank holiday we will honour the discount.

• richhrichh Frets: 451
    Just had a great experience with the guys from Feline Guitars, who sorted a guitar that was essentially unplayable into a thing of beauty to play!

Not an easy task also, as it was a very unusual headless beast from the East!

Thanks for a great experience - the guitar had some potential real benefits (balance / ergonomics / etc) but I honestly couldn't fettle it myself.  I can usually sort the basics, such as the odd high fret or whatever.  This was out of my comfort zone to work on though.

Anyway, great to deal with Feline and will certainly do so again, although they are nowhere near me geographically.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jon and the team have finessed my Tokai 335 and it's now pretty much bang on perfect playability wise. So if you're on the fence then definitely consider getting off it! Jon has added an Earvana and also given it a full neck jig setup, sounds and plays brilliantly now. Especially as this used to sound out of tune before and also had a weird string spacing. 

I've had a few guitars done by Jon now and as ever won't be using any one else, despite living over 2hrs drive away. Just send them in and get them to work their magic. Definitely a cut above in quality and service. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom