Pedal boards

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
Apart from pedaltrain what other pedal boards do you guys like and recommend?
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7809
    The ones by Warwick are great.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5161
    I've got a Stagg one. If I was going to tour the world I'd want something sturdier, but for casual gigging they're fine, and don't cost much. If you need a mahoosive one you're out of luck too- mine is the biggest size they have, and it's about 70cm x 30cm.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I think the pedaltrain boards are starting to price themselves out of the market now i.e. competitors are coming in cheaper now. Even the expensive modular Temple Audio systems seem better value for money now
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Then there's Mono, who appear to think Pedaltrain are too cheap :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I only thought they did cases (I have one) ? Great cases except the weak point I found at the strap. Pull it side ways and it rips the case :(
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    The Palmer Pedalbays are brilliant. Very similar to the Pedaltrain but more adjustable and considerably cheaper. Gear 4 Music have them in the UK or Thomann 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    I just bought a pedalbay 60, case is not quite as good as a pedaltrain but the whole thing is half the price of a PT2 ! The Thomann version is even cheaper. Temple Audio stuff looks great if you have a higher budget and then there's the wooden boards if you want something nice looking for home.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12924
    The innox pb01 is apparently identical to the palmer ones and is £32 at bax-shop for the 60cm x 30cm one. It looks great although not sure what case options there are. 

• Depends what you're after. I've always found Custom Pedalboards are excellent build quality and any size you want. I have a large one and two small ones.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    CPB here too.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • I've never used them but have heard good things about Pedal Deck UK. They're British made and similar to Pedaltrain with arguably some nice design improvements.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    What about @dindude ? His smorgasbord bonds are fantastic and the new hardcase looks the biz! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    What about @dindude ? His smorgasbord bonds are fantastic and the new hardcase looks the biz! 
    After having a hard case for my Pedaltrain 2 I'll never get one again. It weighed a ton when all the pedals were on etc. Been trying to get in contact with Temple Audio pedalboards but they don't answer their email. Doesn't bode well :(
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    ThorpyFX said:
    After having a hard case for my Pedaltrain 2 I'll never get one again. It weighed a ton when all the pedals were on etc. Been trying to get in contact with Temple Audio pedalboards but they don't answer their email. Doesn't bode well :(
    Trust me, finding the right case drove me to distraction, for this reason and others - but you won't find a lighter (and better looking) hard case I'm pretty certain.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I only thought they did cases (I have one) ? Great cases except the weak point I found at the strap. Pull it side ways and it rips the case :(
    My mate had that happen on a brand new case - kicked up a fuss direct with Mono and with their social media accounts, and they sent him a replacement. However, they clearly have a design flaw in that area. Disappointing considering the cost.
    My mate had that happen on a brand new case - kicked up a fuss direct with Mono and with their social media accounts, and they sent him a replacement. However, they clearly have a design flaw in that area. Disappointing considering the cost.
    Well it was new last June. However this happened last Xmas so not much to go back with really. Other than that it gives just as much protection as a hard case but being lighter. So I'm still happy with it once the annoyance wore off ..... last week 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I love the Palmer Pedalbays and the Warwick Rockboards. Also the Warwick patch cables are incredibly small, worth a look.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    I've never used them but have heard good things about Pedal Deck UK. They're British made and similar to Pedaltrain with arguably some nice design improvements.
    Just googled and they've disappeared by the looks of it, sounds great is flogging their last pedal bags. 
  • I'm really interested in the Aclam Smart Track boards. That Modular system looks great; you can set it up so you have a mini board as part of a larger board that you can just lift out. On the look out for one; but not many around second hand at all.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    When my Pedaltrain JR got stolen, I replaced it with the Warwick one. There an ok copy I suppose. But the case isn't very good.