Strymon Bluesky Value

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
edited April 2017 in Guitar
Not being a Pedal Head at all i have been offered one of these as a part trade with something else, whats the value on these roughly chaps ? checked ebay but i never believe the prices on there :-) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited April 2017
    Did you check eBay sold listings? Always a much better indication than active listings.

Somewhere between 200-250, with ~220 being the median.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    Bluesky 180 - 220 imo.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
    edited April 2017
    yeah i checked the sold listings but they are pretty variable, specially with best offers being accepted, and i knew you guys would be a better judge of where the pricing is at 

so you reckon £180 is a fair price if i was to sell it on ? 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    edited April 2017
    180 would be a bargain for the buyer.
    I would ask 220 bit accept 200. But expect a cheeky offer of 180..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
    cheers @teetonetal ;
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited April 2017
    Ohhhh you said Blue Sky, not Big Sky. Nevermind!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I sold mine recently for £200, I perhaps could have for more if I was patient

(this was pre Brexit, prices have gone up a lot since!)
  • saint_iveysaint_ivey Frets: 17
    edited April 2017

You can buy one new for £270 & that includes a warrenty. The general rule of thumb is an item loses a third of it's value the moment it leaves the shop. The next buyer obviously also doesn't benefit from any warrenty.

That said, market demand can also have an impact. So £180 is new price less a third and that would be thereotically correct. However, if all second hand pedals are selling for £210 because of the demand then that is the new going rate.

Other factors that effect price will be competition; how many others are available s/h, and also the seller's need to shift it; do they need to move it on quickly?

Hope that helps.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175

You can buy one new for £270 & that includes a warrenty. The general rule of thumb is an item loses a third of it's value the moment it leaves the shop. The next buyer obviously also doesn't benefit from any warrenty.

That said, market demand can also have an impact. So £180 is new price less a third and that would be thereotically correct. However, if all second hand pedals are selling for £210 because of the demand then that is the new going rate.

Other factors that effect price will be competition; how many others are available s/h, and also the seller's need to shift it; do they need to move it on quickly?

Hope that helps.

Martin Lewis, is that you?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom