Reverend Sensei Guitars

RabsRabs Frets: 2608
edited April 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader

Nice shape... Not sure about the Bigsby though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    edited April 2017
    I think they're tasty, but agree about the Bigsby. I looked at them at the time i bought my Yamaha RevStar. The Yam edged it for me. But I'm a huge Reeves Gabrels fan, so i was sorely tempted by the Reverend.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    Yet Bigsby just look right on such guitars - even if you don't use them - cool factor eh ?
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Yet Bigsby just look right on such guitars - even if you don't use them - cool factor eh ?

Lol.. that is true..   But theres the cool vs stability factor that cant be ignored either :)
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

Lol.. that is true..   But theres the cool vs stability factor that cant be ignored either :)
    they remind me of some of the latest Yamaha Revstar models

Is it more luck than judgement when you get a Bigsby to work and stay in tune ? - You don't see players like Setzer re-tuning all the time
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

Is it more luck than judgement when you get a Bigsby to work and stay in tune ? - You don't see players like Setzer re-tuning all the time

Well I think as they kind of mention in the video..  They arnt built for Rob Chapman style playing with huge dive bombs and extreme use like that..  If you use it the right way and the guitar is set up well the I guess it can be done ? :)

Im not a whammy bar user at all.. But ive set a few up and they are a pain in the bum as far as im concerned.

tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

Well I think as they kind of mention in the video..  They arnt built for Rob Chapman style playing with huge dive bombs and extreme use like that..  If you use it the right way and the guitar is set up well the I guess it can be done ? :)

Im not a whammy bar user at all.. But ive set a few up and they are a pain in the bum as far as im concerned.

there are better techs on FB than me but I do find them a bit hit and miss -  but yes more light vibrato along the lines of the opening riff for Summertime Blues on that bent open E
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Never had a problem with Bigsbys. As long as you don't expect to do EVH and Vai style, they're fine.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    The rev will also have a roller bridge, teflon nut and locking tuners, as well as the soft spring in the Bigsby.