fender jazz deluxe active?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So, Ive been offered a Fender Jazz deluxe series bass in part x for my Epiphone. I dont know much about these bar the fact they have active pick ups, are made in Mexico and look pretty. Ive only seen prices for them online of close to £1000. Would it be good trade for my £350 Sheraton 2?
My bass experience is limited to an Olp mm4 (musicman copy) and Fender Jazz Lyte so advice is welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    If you're not putting any money in and there isn't something nasty wrong with it, it's got to be a trade up - the Fender sells for over £700 new, the Epiphone only £450, and they probably both hold value equally - even if it's not exactly what you're looking for, you could easily sell it for a lot more than you'll get for the Epi.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I just gotta check its legit now! Serial number serms odd, dates it as a 1997 model?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    Get a photo.

A mate of mine has one so I'm quite familiar with them.

If it's the real thing and in good nick - then it's a very good bass (For a Fender anyway ;) )

Fret, you're on my FB arent you? If you are... Ill forward you the message with the pics in now

• The Jazz Deluxe Active will be worth about £400 (ish).  No higher than that.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
    Is that based on s/h prices?
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    I paid £350 for the MIM Active Deluxe Series Jazz Bass  . . . Great bass, pickups were OK but nothing special . . . Great action and build quality . . . . Cant fault the MIM build quality . . . Loved that Bass . . .
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  !