Just ordered a Celestion Redback 150w

What's Hot
MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
I was looking at speakers for my 100w Mesa Lonestar as the Celestion GH100 in the cab i have has blown, and i wanted to run the clean channel on 100w which I thought might be risky with my fave 75w Creamback.

Anyway, it turns our Celestion just released a 150w Redback, that supposedly sounds like a slight darker Creamback 75w, which is perfect.

£105 from Lean Business :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds great on paper. Same weight as the 75 too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    Celestion really seem to be getting it right these days. I have to admit most of their middle-range speakers still don't do a lot for me, but the Creambacks are some of the best they've ever made in my opinion - and they've finally got the 'high power Greenback and G12H-30' sound, at least as close as is likely to be feasible.

This new one looks like the answer for 100W+ applications where there hasn't always been much choice. (And unlike some other companies you can probably trust the power rating too.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Great idea.  Have nearly bought 100w+ amps but been put off by the thought of having to use a 2x12 to handle the power.

Neo Redback must be the next step!
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
    it's arriving tomorrow, so i'll let you know the verdict

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3156
    tFB Trader
    I had one last week on sample, absolutely loved it but I have no application for it. It's very well voiced and is built like a tank.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    I was looking at speakers for my 100w Mesa Lonestar as the Celestion GH100 in the cab i have has blown, and i wanted to run the clean channel on 100w which I thought might be risky with my fave 75w Creamback.

Anyway, it turns our Celestion just released a 150w Redback, that supposedly sounds like a slight darker Creamback 75w, which is perfect.

£105 from Lean Business :)
    where are you running a lonestar on 100w clean  - ouch ? 
    i ran it at 50w with the band and the clean was breaking up more than i wanted, but at 100w it's fine

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Good sound - gets quite hot when you thrash it, but despite smelling hot I've not blown it up yet. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited April 2017
    if ASDA did speakers - ASDA Rollbacks...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Very pleased, i think Celestion will sell a shitload of these

• PJH335PJH335 Frets: 2
    loaded a new redback into my 112 open back cab this week - really pleased with the tone. Did first gig with it last night and it performed really well. It has less top than the g12m creamback it replaced which was pleasing to my deaf old ears. It cut through all night yet sounded warm and clear. well worth the money as I was thinking of going evm12L again. 
    i've used mine twice with the band now and i'm still very impressed. 

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Been impressed with ours at Matamp. It does get hot though when you thrash it...but I've been trying for a month to blow it up now and it still works...
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Just put one in 1x12 oversized cab with my ceriatone yeti 50, it sounded marvelous, even out of the box. Plenty of clarity without the icepick. Highly recommended.