New CTS push-pull pots with plastic base -where do I ground?

I've sussed out the arrangement for the hot/tapped pickup wires, but where do I ground the tone cap etc to?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've sussed out the arrangement for the hot/tapped pickup wires, but where do I ground the tone cap etc to?
    the metal casing on the side

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks!
    Further question - I'm replacing a set of tele pickups in a 4-way switch setup (4th position is both in series). The current neck pickup has 3 wires, the new one has two. Any way round this? I don't want to mod the pickup - I'd sooner put the original 3 way switch back in and lose the series/parallel option
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Rewire the switching so it's the bridge pickup which is the upper coil in the series mode. This is easy if the pickup has no baseplate (so there's a separate bridge ground wire) and nearly as much if it does.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• josojoso Frets: 1
    Hi,
    I  recently bought  2  new cts push-pull pots for splitting coils in humbuker. I found it very  difficult to solder contacts . However after ruining 1 of them I saw that it is possible to disassemble the  board and to solder contacts and then to reassemble it .
    Any comment or  opinions ?

http://u.cubeupload.com/mrbluesfinger/IMG1235.jpg

http://cubeupload.com/im/mrbluesfinger/IMG1232.jpg