Syncopy analogue delay by Stone Deaf FX - The new King of analogue delays?

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I genuinely don't think I'd sell for a thousand. It's just my favourite pedal of all time. Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude got closest in terms of sheer sound, but there's still a chasm between them even before you get to the midi functionality. 
    I'm in the same boat. It has a special sound that nothing else matches. The perfect analog delay IMO.  Wonder how high the price will go.

@Jamesguitar the tonal recall issues I had were unpleasant clipping on first repeat. It sounded awful. Not even lofi. Broken is how I'd describe it. Joel was great and tried to help. Even sent me a new pedal. 

All his other stuff is great, but that one was a miss.

I have a Dod rubberneck on pre order. Very excited about that one. Looks like a fun pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Excited to hear this. Stone Deaf are on an amazing roll right now. I wish more analog delays came with drive controls though.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534

I wouldn't say no to an endorsement  :)

Obscure pedal though? - it's the new release from one of the biggest U.K. pedal companies, one of the biggest brands in the Boutique pedal market.
    Hmmm.... that does sound more than a little suspect...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I wouldn't say no to an endorsement  :)

Obscure pedal though? - it's the new release from one of the biggest U.K. pedal companies, one of the biggest brands in the Boutique pedal market.
    Hmmm.... that does sound more than a little suspect...
    This is a giant advert 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited April 2017
    Their last PR effort here didn't go well either  

I think they make great pedals, though I would say that as I have one in the classifieds

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    jamesguitar said;

I'm also based in London which I believe they are.

James
    They are based just outside of Manchester I think, well that's where the pedals are made anyway.
  • They're based in Sheffield. Syncopy was supposed to be realised last October but is always...delayed. Ha.

This isn't an official Stone Deaf endorsement because all the english is pretty good. I actually emailed them saying all the grammar on their site was bad and their manuals didnt make sense. I think it's unprofessional and confusing for consumers.

Man, I sound like such a grammar twat. But it is true.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22132

Oh sir, you jest. Unless you're serious, in which case keep on with the therapy. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Also worth noting that all their other pedals only work with their own expression pedals. Major downer, that. 
    I hadn't realised this either, so that's another £120 to the cost of buying a Syncopy, the delay has a 250ma draw I think I read so I might have to revise my power supply requirements as well. Getting to be a bit of an expensive exercise. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Yep, such obvious plugging never sits well with me...
  • jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 145

Oh sir, you jest. Unless you're serious, in which case keep on with the therapy. 

^ Wow, think I'll stick to the classified's section from now on...

They've been heavily featured on That Pedal Show recently and some of the biggest names in rock are using their gear, so they're not exactly making "obscure pedals".
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Ignore all the cynicism, we're a jaded bunch.
    Welcome to The Fretboard, Mr Stonedeaf.
     :) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    Sassafras said:
    Ignore all the cynicism, we're a jaded bunch.
    Welcome to The Fretboard, Mr Stonedeaf.

Thank you?

I don't own any of their other pedals and am very happy with my rig as it is. My main board is a Pedaltrain Jr and it nails everything I need for 90% of gigs; am currently running an Strymon El Capistan (purchased here from @fretfinder), but am having to change the settings on it a lot mid-gig. Here's my typical board -

Wah - Xotic WH-1
    Tuner - TC Electronic Polytune mini

Octave - Mooer Tender Octaver
    Overdrive - Wampler Tumnus
    Distortion - JHS Angry Charlie

Compression - Origin Effects Cali76
    Boost - Xotic R.C. Scott Henderson
    Modulation - Red Witch Empress Chorus
    Tremolo - Chase Bliss Audio Gravitas

Delay - Strymon El Capistan
    Reverb - Strymon BlueSky

Your solution is a Timeline :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Your solution is a Timeline :)
    I have a Timeline, it's amazing. Am running it on my larger board along with a BigSky for bigger pop gigs.
    edited April 2017

^ Wow, think I'll stick to the classified's section from now on...

They've been heavily featured on That Pedal Show recently and some of the biggest names in rock are using their gear, so they're not exactly making "obscure pedals".

You've written a long review about a pedal you haven't ever used that isn't actually released whilst incorporating a virtual plea for endorsement or a review pedal in the very next post. Apparently you don't know where the company is based but know that the pedal is due out any time now. 

That Pedal Show - so the company has been heavily plugged on a free video advertising platform. That's a marginally less impressive claim to fame than saying 'My sister once snogged a well known Division 1 footballer'. 

"Some of the biggest names in rock are using their gear" - and then you go and drop out Pedal Advertising Cliche Turd #1. 

• I honestly don't think @jamesguitar is a Stone Deaf lackey here. I think he's excited about a new pedal and has chosen a particularly in-depth way of showing it.

And/Or he's hoping someone will come across this post and employ him as a pedal demo-er. Join the queue pal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I don't think he is an SD lackey. Misguided, yes. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Cut some slack people! This is about a British company making some seriously cool pedals. We should be supportive and discussing these as much as thorpy, green carrot, sonnus etc..

Stone deaf have been heavily featured on Andertons and PGS amongst others, certainly a company gaining traction.

Sometimes think we are collectively a bit too cynical on here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Cut some slack people! This is about a British company making some seriously cool pedals. We should be supportive and discussing these as much as thorpy, green carrot, sonnus etc..

Stone deaf have been heavily featured on Andertons and PGS amongst others, certainly a company gaining traction.

Sometimes think we are collectively a bit too cynical on here.

...is exactly the kind of thing a Stone Deaf FX employee would say :D
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom