Know anyone with pampered pets?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
My sister in law has a rabbit. It is a very pampered rabbit. It basically lives its whole life indoors in their house, and more than that, it has a whole room to itself - which is more than I have in my house! She has a baby cam set up so that when she is away she can see the rabbit, and my mother in law has to drive 10 miles to go let it out of it's cage every day so that it can be seen frolicking around the room from the current holiday destination. I find this all a bit ridiculous. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24470
    Why is it ridiculous ?  It's a sentient being and its owner wants to make sure it has the best possible time during its relatively short life.  I think that's rather beautiful actually.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33850
    axisus said:
     it has a whole room to itself - which is more than I have in my house! 
    You know your life hasn't turned out the way you wanted If you are jealous of a bunny.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Loki, my kitten, is rather spoiled. I'd rather he was well looked after by me than mistreated by someone else. He can be a cute little rascal at times but he's happy here :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Our big Newfoundland, Mr Boo, is a bit pampered. His favourite thing in the world is cake, so he has to have some whenever we do. He also has the best quality complete food that we can afford and we carefully monitor his weight and general health.

But as he is 80+Kg of hair, drool and love we figure the small amounts he has won't be too bad for him. The devotion we get in return makes it worthwhile.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24470
    I carry pugsley up to bed each night.  He falls asleep on the sofa or in his basket and when we go to bed I save him the trouble of what is, for him, a serious climb when he's super-sleepy.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    edited April 2017
    To be honest I've never really 'got' the idea of a rabbit as a pet. Buy it, imprison it in a cupboard outside, feed it and clean it out occasionally.

Never struck me as overly rewarding for either pet or owner....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Ah, but we had a pet lop eared rabbit in a cage as a pet as kids, as kids are, we got bored and forgot to feed it so the old man killed it and fed it to us the following Sunday in a stew.  I think it's acceptable to do this with kittens and puppies as well if you are Korean.  Still can't stand the smell of rabbit to this day.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    My dog Meg. I cook for her everyday. Fresh meat and veg.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4666
    Our three dogs take up most of our bed so we have little space to sleep
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Richardj said:
    Our big Newfoundland, Mr Boo, is a bit pampered. His favourite thing in the world is cake, so he has to have some whenever we do. He also has the best quality complete food that we can afford and we carefully monitor his weight and general health.

But as he is 80+Kg of hair, drool and love we figure the small amounts he has won't be too bad for him. The devotion we get in return makes it worthwhile.
    Normal plain/self-raising Flour is generally really bad for dogs, so you'd be better making the cakes with coconut flour. And hopefully it's not chocolate cake.