Thorpy Gunshot settings?

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 914
To all gunshot owners. I have bought a used Gunshot from a fellow forum member. I was wondering what you favourite settings are on your pedal. I've only managed to try the pedal briefly and quite impressed.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It very much depends on the amp
    the more fendery the amp the more calibre I use
    i do love with a bit low gain tubescreamer into it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Compared to some of the youtube videos there doesn't seem a great deal of drive available. Is this right for the pedal? Was wondering if maybe there  might be a fault with the pedal?
  • markj said:
    Compared to some of the youtube videos there doesn't seem a great deal of drive available. Is this right for the pedal? Was wondering if maybe there  might be a fault with the pedal?

Turn up the calibre, which provides more distortion. 

It's not a high gainer though. Thorpy has a higher gain pedal called the warthog. In demos it sounds a bit like a rat to me, especially as it gets a bit fuzzy at the very top end, and if it is loosely based on one it will also have nice lower gain overdrive tones on tap, too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    The gain goes up with the caliber

It's a mid gain pedal. You want the warthog for maximum filth.
  • He also does a low gain drive which seems *very* popular indeed. 

Have you tried boosting into the gunshot? Apparently it works a treat. 
    There's a problem with one of the patch leads. When I went straight into my amp and not through my pedal board,there's more than enough gain on tap.
  • markj said:
    There's a problem with one of the patch leads. When I went straight into my amp and not through my pedal board,there's more than enough gain on tap.

Do you have an all true bypass pedalboard? If so, that could be causing it, although not so much if the gunshot was first in the signal chain. 

Otherwise, sounds like a patch lead. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    Here's the best way or at least one of my preferred ways to tweak it- start off with gain and calibre at zero and you'll hear the clean sound of your guitar. Raise the gain and you'll get a "familiar" mid hump overdrive like a tube-screamer type pedal would give you. Then raise the calibre which seems to boost in the low end and high end mainly to "fill out the sound". How much you will need will depend on your amp and your own tastes.

Treat the two controls "gain " and "calibre" like two separate gain controls each with its own character and blend till you get the desired type of gain sound.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    markj said:

Do you have an all true bypass pedalboard? If so, that could be causing it, although not so much if the gunshot was first in the signal chain. 

Otherwise, sounds like a patch lead. 

It is a patch lead problem.