The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Still 89kg this morning, and I can bust out 20 chin ups now.
    Wow @Drew_TNBD ;;, you must look like a bald Henry Rollins!
    LOL. No, still a chub-n-tuck muthafrakker!
    I think you got a low self opinion, man. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    Utterly brand new to this thread. I was getting a bit fed up of being tubby and funnily enough, not being able to find myself a nice leather jacket that fits my belly but also fits anywhere else, spurred me to finally get off my fat ass and do something about it.

Started 5 weeks ago so here goes - 

Start weight - 21st 4lbs
    4 weeks ago - 21st on the dot
    3 weeks ago - 20st 7lbs
    2 weeks ago - 20st 2lbs
    1 week ago - 19st 11lbs
    Today - still 19st 11 but 1% less body fat

Goal weight - 
    16st this time next year, but gain lean muscle and mainly focus on losing Body fat %

Diet -
    Started hardcore Keto/calorie, with macros of -

1500 Calories total
    Based on my BMR of 2890 calories, meaning almost a 50% deficit

25g Carbs (7%)
    125g Protein (33%)
    100g Fat (60%)

Worked out using https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ and my actual measurements taken by a personal trainer, and my BMR was worked out by a nutritionist.

As close to 8 litres of water a day as I can get
    NO sugar
    NO processed foods of any kind
    I treat greens such as Kale/Spinach/Celery as a 'zero' food and eat as much of it as I want

I track every single thing I eat and drink in 'MyFitnessPal' on my iPhone, which helps me get as close as I possibly can to my macros for every day, and it also turns food logging into a sort of fun 'meet the targets' game for me.

I am taking CLA's twice a day, alongside Omega 3.

I am NOT using any form of protein shake or gym supplement at all.

Basically lost a stone and a bit in 5 weeks, I'd like to think mainly because of the Keto but in all honesty its mostly down to - 

Exercise
    Gym - 4 days a week -
    30 mins intense Cardio (usually jogging/running/walking, in sets on a treadmill)
    Alternating (legs, arms, chest, back) weight/strength training (4 sets of 15 reps on challenging but not hard weights)
    10 minutes of whole body stretches

Boxing - 2 days a week - 
    25 minutes (with a 20 second break every 2 minutes) of hard, fast, intense punching on a heavy bag in the garage

HIIT (High intensity interval training) - 
    Any day I feel like skipping the gym, I do 'The Body Coach' 20 minute intense fat burner HIIT -

Which fucking sucks, but it works.

ONE DAY OFF A WEEK (fuck my life)

All in all -

I hurt, I ache, I burn. But fuck do I feel good, I no longer suffer from restless sleep, my skin is clear as hell, I am so perky and chipper (my colleagues at work actually notice and comment on how happy I seem all the time now).

I've started to notice little changes, such as -

Actual biceps appearing when I tense
    My work shirts feel looser
    I'm a notch smaller on my belt and I have to pull my jeans up all the time when I dont wear a belt
    I can get up the 3 flights of stairs to my break-room at work without getting out of breath.

I've dieted on and off before and ALWAYS given up. I researched the absolute shit out of everything this time. The fact I FEEL different and can SEE a change (as well as having people say im looking a bit slimmer) really fucking pushes me this time.

Jesus, sorry for the long post!

Nice one @vaticancameos - I jumped on the keto bandwagon too just over a month ago (and have also lost a stone and a bit - just with no exercise - although you have probably gained muscle and lost more 'fat' than me.

Red ones are better. 
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    14st 9lb so lost a pound. Not surprised it's not more really, still mainly sedentary due to not working. Been on a few bikerides but beer has been a factor again this week. I really need to get back to a daily routine which I will on the 22nd when my sparkies training starts.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Last week: 15st 11.0lbs
    This week: 15st 9.0lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 6 lb by Saturday 3rd June 2017
    Gain towards target: 7.8lbs
    Distance to target: 3lbs

I am so happy with how this is going.  It is really not as hard as I thought it would be.  I'm making major gains towards my first target.

Things that have worked for me have been dodging the cakes at work and employing self discipline: my willpower has had plenty of exercise this week.  Also watching the gain on target figure ramp up each week makes me realise that I'm gaining something (health wise) as opposed to experiencing loss.

A big thanks to @Clarky for putting me onto this. 

TL:DR

Doing the right thing produces more positive results than excuses.  

Good luck guys 'n' gals
    totally awesome news...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5164
    About 5lb down since the start for me..nothing major, just getting out on the bike a bit more.
    start 14st 2lbs > 13st 10lbs ish :s
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Mudslide73 - 6ft 1in

Start weight :15st 8lbs
    Week One :15st 4lbs
    Week Two:15st 1lbs
    Week Three: 15st 0lbs
    This Week:14st 10lbs

I've hit it really hard again this week, thinking about every crumb. Gobsmacked at the weigh in this morning.

Good: I've stayed off crisps and sweets. I've resisted the temptation to snack on cheese. 1 pint. Wraps for lunch with no extras.

Bad: 2 chippy teas. Some Ben & Jerry's. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Well @mudslide73 , you say that your two chippy teas are bad, but if you hadn't have had them would you still have the resolve to continue.  Also you lost two pounds so well done.

I think there was a certain amount of disbelief about the efficacy of the plan that I'm on, but lets look at it.

Saturday morning I had a breakfast fry up burger, brown bread of course.
    Nailed some Destiny
    Off to the coffee shop for a massive chocolate cake and coffee.
    Then had a four pints before catching the train home.
    Then a few more pints around town before getting a large portion of chips and a large doner meat pizza with extra chillis.  I am assuming that I bought those tasty treats as I can't remember much beyond entering that last pub of the evening.

Obviously I didn't finish the pizza on Saturday night so that was Sunday's brunch.  The evening meal was another fry up burger in brown bread.

The bottom line being that if you can still enjoy your life and lose a couple of pounds into the bargain, what is the problem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Gassage , our leader, where are you?  
  • Started at 14 stone 10 last week

Today, 14 stone 9. But I have lost over 1 percent body fat apparently. 

Whether the body fat thing is true, I am happy. I knew it wouldn't be a great loss, but I've stepped up my exercise and I'm eating a lot more good food. 

I'm struggling with treats at the moment - I'm very unhappy being unemployed and I apparently draw comfort from food. But I have made an effort, and it's paid off, even if it's small. 
    @ThePrettyDamned , well done mate.  You're closer to where you want to be than last week.  

It's all about little victories.  

Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading about your next success.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Been a while since I updated but am down to 15st 9 from 16st 2 at the start. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    89kg. No more progress. Too much pizza.
  • @ThePrettyDamned , well done mate.  You're closer to where you want to be than last week.  

Thanks! 

It is small victories, I'm finding things like sleeping, waking up, getting out of bed hard at the moment (I'd see a doctor but I know it's the whole jobless thing so it'll sort itself out when I've got a job again... Soon, I hope). So any small victory in this is going to give me a really great feeling. 

I go for walks around the city for 10 miles or so three or four times a week, so that's helping me feel more positive too :) 

Just about to send another job application so... :D
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    @ThePrettyDamned , well done mate.  You're closer to where you want to be than last week.  

Thanks! 

It is small victories, I'm finding things like sleeping, waking up, getting out of bed hard at the moment (I'd see a doctor but I know it's the whole jobless thing so it'll sort itself out when I've got a job again... Soon, I hope). So any small victory in this is going to give me a really great feeling. 

I go for walks around the city for 10 miles or so three or four times a week, so that's helping me feel more positive too :) 

Just about to send another job application so... :D
    I put on weight being unemployed. I certainly did more physical activity than when I was employed but the disturbed sleep patterns and easy access to food wasn't very helpful. 
    Yep little victories ( also one of my favourite Rush choons). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
    Having the odd 'accident' or 'bad meal' sometimes gives you the motivation to work even harder afterwards.

Dont let it get you down anyone!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    Lovely inspirational vibe on here lads. Mumsnet would kill for non-catty support like this. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Current weight is still 12 stone.

I'm officially no longer watching the scales! I was 15 stone when I started, so overall I'm 3 stone lighter and really feeling the benefits. I exercise daily and eat healthier *most* of the time.

Most importantly I've built up a lot of good, healthy habits which I plan to keep up.

Regarding having a few slips with eating, my theory is if I'm eating healthy about 80% of the time then I don't feel as guilty about scoffing a few biscuits or ordering a pizza.

Well done to everyone :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Third week: 15st 11.0lbs
    Last week: 15st 9.0lbs
    This week: 15st 8.6lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 6 lb by Saturday 3rd June 2017
    Gain towards target: 8.2lbs
    Distance to target: 2.6lbs

I am getting there.  
    14 st 8lb. Another week, another pound.

Again, I'd recommend using a food/exercise tracker app. I'm using MyFitnessPal and it's really helping me to behave as well as treat myself to the odd beer here and there. All I have to do is create a calorie deficit.

Example: My calorie target per day is 2070. Tuesday I went mountain biking for 2 hours and burned through about 1300 calories making my new daily intake 3370 cal. I'll then treat myself to a pizza or a curry washed down with a few beers as still be about 600 cal under my goal at the end of the day. 

Be strict with it too. That blob of ketchup/mayo you had with your dinner/handful of wine gums from someone sharing a bag out can harbour more hidden calories than you realise. Still have them if you want, but you need to make up for it somehow.
    What about those using CLAs? Do you think they've had an influence?

I'm tempted to give them a go but I won't waste money on them if they're snake oil.