The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Hoof said:
    What about those using CLAs? Do you think they've had an influence?

I'm tempted to give them a go but I won't waste money on them if they're snake oil.

I was pondering it but a couple of sites I looked at suggested they were quite bad for you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Lost another couple of pounds and down to 16 stone 

Not really dieting but upped my running
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lost another pound. Now 14 stone 8.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was doing great this week until yesterday. Double booked at a nice healthy fish restaurant to celebrate the girlfriend's new job, so we wound up at a BBQ greasy smokery place. Then had a beer and a couple of biscuits. 

Was damn good though. And I don't feel guilty - I've otherwise been really good, so I'm pleased. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    There's a lot of wisdom here today. Slow but steady progress which makes for long term sustainable weight loss. 

I shall soon be the proud owner of a set of running trainers which should take me from c25k.  I'll be frank, I'm a bit nervy about the running, but looking forward to seeing what I can achieve with it. 

Nice work guys. 
    tFB Trader
    There's a lot of wisdom here today. Slow but steady progress which makes for long term sustainable weight loss. 

I shall soon be the proud owner of a set of running trainers which should take me from c25k.  I'll be frank, I'm a bit nervy about the running, but looking forward to seeing what I can achieve with it. 

Nice work guys. 

I was really nervous about c25k but it's one of the best things I've ever done.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Target: 76kg

Start week:  91kg
    Week 1:       90.8kg 

Week 2:       89.7kg
    Week 3:       89.1kg
    Week 4 :      89.6kg
    Week 5:       89.6kg

Must try harder!!
    edited May 2017
    So here we are in week 5 and I am wondering what our attrition rate is looking like.  

Good for you @Tone71 for sticking with us.  You may have lost a bit of ground, but you are well ahead of your start point, so actually you are still winning.

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    So here we are in week 5 and I am wondering what our attrition rate is looking like.  

Good for you @Tone71 for sticking with us.  You may have lost a bit of ground, but you are well ahead of your start point, so actually you are still winning.

Cheers pal, this week will make a difference as have the week off so can concentrate on not eating!!!!!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Well I was away last weekend so I skipped that one. Just so sedentary at the moment - desk, driving, slumped in front of TV. None of which makes you feel like cutting down on food either. Weigh in tomorrow morning - let's see how much I can sweat off at this gig ( currently break time) and minimise the midnight snack. 
    I'm with @Tone71 on the must try harder list :unamused: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    I've been really digging this site: https://authoritynutrition.com/

It's great they actually link all the advice they give back to scientific studies. 

I hadn't realised protein was so good for weight loss.

This article for example is very good: https://authoritynutrition.com/7-ways-to-lose-weight-without-counting-calories/
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    I got measured at the gym:

My metabolic age is 42 apparently so I'm aging prematurely as I have over a year before I hit 40.

I've lost 1.5kg since this post started which isn't amazing - but I'm not looking for massive weight loss. I look trimmer and more defined and haven't upped the exercise properly yet or adjusted my diet significantly.

Weight - 77.3kg
    BMI - 26.1
    Body fat % - 22.1
    Muscle mass - 57.2kg

None of the above means much to me apart from the weight. If the BMI & fat % go down and the Muscle mass figure goes up I'll be on the right track I guess...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Just over 14st6. Rather dehydrated this morning though,some mugs of tea might put me back to 14st7...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    14st 12lbs - apparently I've put 2lbs back on - I think I was a bit dehydrated last time. I was very surprised I'd lost 3lbs last week so fair doos. I've been doing the same things and I feel like I'm heading in the right direction still. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I've been really digging this site: https://authoritynutrition.com/

It's great they actually link all the advice they give back to scientific studies. 

I hadn't realised protein was so good for weight loss.

This article for example is very good: https://authoritynutrition.com/7-ways-to-lose-weight-without-counting-calories/

I try to increase vegetables and fruit intake (fruit subbed for biscuits!) But for snacking, I usually have a home made bean salad with half fat salad cheese, cottage cheese or a ton of mackerel. 

Keeps you full for ages, and my energy levels are better. Sleeping better, more able to walk 10 miles in a day. 

I just need to cut the weekend crap - I'm losing weight but it's too slow. However, my girlfriend's into it now so I'm hoping that'll help keep me on track 

As an aside, having no money and no job makes you realise just how cheaply you can live - crap food is generally expensive compared to carrots, lettuce, spinach, beans, tinned fish etc. 
    @ThePrettyDamned  you say that you are losing weight too slow, but how slow is too slow? 1lb a week is great and easily maintainable over the long term. 

Also, watch out for fruit: it's got lots of sugar in it. 
    tFB Trader
    Dropped another 3 pounds and now down to 15 11 
  • @ThePrettyDamned  you say that you are losing weight too slow, but how slow is too slow? 1lb a week is great and easily maintainable over the long term. 

Also, watch out for fruit: it's got lots of sugar in it. 

Fruit is, relatively, sugary but you'd need to eat masses of apples, or even strawberries I'd imagine, to hit the sugar content in a decent size bar of chocolate. Plus I eat fruit with soya yoghurt - it's got a bit of fat in (it's not a lot) but compared to low fat yoghurt it's got barely any sugar in at all :) 

Plus, fruit comes with water, fibre and vitamins. It's actually much harder to have too much sugar through fruit than you'd think (unless you are diabetic). You get full up too quick, whereas with sweets or chocolate you can gorge endlessly. 

Weighed today, dropped another pound to 14 stone 7. Which is good, I had an absolutely terrible weekend but made up for it since. I've persuaded family to join me, so that means no more bringing treats in - I'm expecting it to come off a bit quicker now :) hoping for 2lb per week ideally. 

Still, another pound gone! And the good habits have formed now - I'm not tempted by treats the way I was, and I'm drinking green and white teas and coffees without any milk to allow for 30g of cheese per day. 

Feeling positive :) thanks for the continuing encouragement, chaps. 
    I am now backing up the @Clarky based healthy lifestyle with C25K.  Hopefully I should see some major advances - only a few miles a week.

:P
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm still hanging in :)

Like I posted earlier my weight is still hovering around the 12 stone mark. It seems like my body is happy there :)

More importantly the exercise and healthy eating have made me feel a shit ton better. I'll be honest and admit to pigging out on junk food but where junk used to make up *most* of what I ate it's now a "treat" for having kept healthy the majority of the time.

I've been drinking 2 litres of water a day too which helps a lot.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi