What have you done to your guitar today?

What's Hot

Comments

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    Changed the volume pot on my main Pacifica 611 as it was crackling a bit, then messed around with my new Tascam DP006 direct from Katana 100. A morning well spent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I was quietly impressed that my RG has done every gig this year on one set of magic strings.  They totally feel like drek but £££ for the win. 
    And I played my acoustic -- so I guess I tuned it. 
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    Practiced first thing while everything is quiet and absolutely enjoyed it!
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Tuned it, learned a bit more of a Weezer song and rocked out.........................
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Seeing as I'm in the middle of building a new guitar my list is quite long. Routed neck and control cavities, and made an inset wooden cavity cover which goes on the back. Sanded the body down to 240 grade paper. Changed the headstock profile on the secondhand neck. Serious fret level, fret polish, rosewood polish, first coat of varnish on headstock.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    image6.JPG 326.3K
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I spent an hour playing nursery rhymes greatest hits for my daughter, which she loved. Then played her some western swing I'm working on and she loved that!! So much so, that when asked what she wanted to do tomorrow, the answer was play that funny guitar music with daddy...
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Playing a little Pud Wud for Allan. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I looked at the guitars a lot. 
    Watched the F1, did some cleaning and then became too tired as I was about to play.. so I didnt play. 

But if I did, I would have tried not to play the same riffs I always do. Instead practice a couple songs I'm attempting to get down all the way through, practice 2 solos I'm struggling with, and actually look at my long list of songs I need to re-learn how to play, and actually re-learn them instead of a new riff that I find on youtube... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Spent 10 minutes this morning playing in my man cave with my little boy (11 months) with me. Had to stop when he started hitting my pedalboard with the toy hammer I mistakenly let him bring with him! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Changed the strings on my tele. Played my SG Jr for 30mins, to remind myself why I still have it- I rarely play it anymore. 
    Had fun, but since putting an Alligator 90 in the tele the SG is somewhat obsolete. 
    Hmmm...
    I give you good price...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I accompanied the second half of the Man U game with some unplugged stratification.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    edited April 2017
    Rehearsal this afternoon 4-8pm used the strat, tele and 335. 
    Tomorrow will be a non guitar day after 3 in a row. Then resting Tues ready for Fridays gig.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    ESBlonde said:
    Rehearsal this afternoon 4-8pm used the strat, tele and 335. 
    Tomorrow will be a non guitar day after 3 in a row. Then resting Tues ready for Fridays gig.
    Interesting - why the non guitar day?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    Swapped pickups and restrung my strat. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    Practiced a couple of new band songs. I've got the week ahead off from work. I need to change the strings and polish up at least 3 of my guitars.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited April 2017
    Voxman said:
    I picked it up, tuned it, plugged it in, and played it - bit of an avant-garde approach I know, but there you go! D
    Actually, I fibbed - my LP Custom was already in tune - I just said I tuned it to add a bit more excitement!shredder D
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    After almost a year of procrastination, I restring my Acoustic, I used 80/20 bronze this time and it's really bright, sounds great with fingers but almost unusable with a pick. 
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I took my Epi LP (pretty much the only guitar I have now) to band rehearsal and broke the bottom E string on (thankfully) the last tune...
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Hadn't played for a few days so got the LP out of its case and loudly pretended I was in the Stooges for half an hour while the wife was in the bath.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Neighbours are away on holiday mrs and kids were out so got to play pretty loudly with NO HEADPHONES
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom