Victory Kotzen amp

What's Hot

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    The kotzen signature telecaster is superb
    @Bridgehouse ;

help.
    Some people are beyond help.

Presumably if it's a signature model he asked fender to "make it just like a Strat in every possible way, but just put Telecaster on the headstock"

;)
    I've never played a Kotzen Tele. 

However my Tele was a similar spec, quite chunky neck, Dimarzio Tele buckers. 
    Hang on, you've owned a tele?

Yes, twice. 

I was young, I needed the money and I fell in with a bad crowd. 

Im not proud. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    @Bridgehouse ;

help.

Presumably if it's a signature model he asked fender to "make it just like a Strat in every possible way, but just put Telecaster on the headstock"

;)

Yes, twice. 

Im not proud. 
    Just make sure you stay on the wagon in future!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Bridgehouse ;

help.

;)

Yes, twice. 

Im not proud. 
    Aversion therapy. 
    Aversion therapy. 
    Make sure you don't do that thing where you buy a Tele just to remind yourself how shit they are... only to find you quite like the bridge clank and twang.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Aversion therapy. 
    Make sure you don't do that thing where you buy a Tele just to remind yourself how shit they are... only to find you quite like the bridge clank and twang.. 
    doubtful, on both T's I owned I changed out the bridge pickups for dethbuckers. 
    Aversion therapy. 
    doubtful, on both T's I owned I changed out the bridge pickups for dethbuckers. 
    Lol - your hatred of Teles is the exact mirror of my dislike for Jazz basses. 

• On a slight sidetrack, My RK100 arrived today and holy fook. What.An.Amp.
    Happy out =) Cant wait to crank it loud.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Sassafras said:
    You lost me at 'lots of gain'.
    Ah sorry, it's a technical term meaning 'exciting and interesting sounding' 

Yet ironically, on the NGIS interview I'd imagine you're referring to having heard, Kotzen plays clean pretty much all the way through (and still sounds like himself).

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited April 2017
    The German speakers amongst us will look forward to hear what "sick" tones this amp will "throw up"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DLM said:
    Sassafras said:

Yet ironically, on the NGIS interview I'd imagine you're referring to having heard, Kotzen plays clean pretty much all the way through (and still sounds like himself).

That podcast was great, thanks. He comes across as a very likeable chap there. Especially enjoyed his Kurt story. Cheers!
  • DLM said:
    Sassafras said:

That podcast was great, thanks. He comes across as a very likeable chap there. Especially enjoyed his Kurt story. Cheers!

I'm a huge Kotzen fan but he can be a bit of a diva if things aren't going his way 

Seen him live loads and if things aren't going right on stage for sound reasons etc then he does lose his rag very quickly 

Seen it twice now whereby he's called out the sound man and became very sarcastic and sulky. Spoilt the gigs as this went on for some time with him kicking off. I appreciate he had sound issues but it was very unprofessional 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice price!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Nice price!
    Very keen to try one of these just hoping that the EQ will be suitable given how they've voiced it 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited September 2017
    I really don't associate Kotzen with a high gain sound at all, so I was surprised to read the description.   

His tone of late was a cranked Fender with his RK Flyrig in front.  I wonder if the VIctory amp will capture the sound of his old Cornford, which was designed to sound like an old Marshall with a Tubescreamer infront of it, the same rig he used on Poison's Native Tongue.  
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I really don't associate Kotzen with a high gain sound at all, so I was surprised to read the description.   

His tone of late was a cranked Fender with his RK Flyrig in front.  I wonder if the VIctory amp will capture the sound of his old Cornford, which was designed to sound like an old Marshall with a Tubescreamer infront of it, the same rig he used on Poison's Native Tongue.  
    He was using Fly Rig with old Marshall back in 2015. What a glorious sound that was.

• That sounds a little more high gainer, and better, than his Fender Flyrig set up.  

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Same concert / era

• Sounds really good