Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm at somewhere round 350. You can get an extra 10-20 moons per world pretty easily after completing the game so working through that.
    There are a few interesting game releases - the DLC for snipperclips has come out, or you can buy the whole game +DLC as a physical release now. I highly recommend it and plan to get the DLC pretty soon.
    Any fans of Sine Mora Ex? I believe I'm getting it for Christmas - at £20 it is pretty much the cheapest (physical) switch game but should be fun. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sine Mora Ex is just OK IMO.  

It takes ages to recover your power ups after getting hit and your ship feels underpowered.  You need the firepower to kill enemies so you get extra time on the clock to stay alive.  When you don't have the firepower you run out of time and you die - it's incredibly frustrating!  

The ship has a small hitbox, but sometimes when you scrape the side of your ship with another enemy ship you take damage, so this is confusing as you don't actually think it's hit the hitbox.  

It's hard to avoid damage at some points and it's quite frustrating.  You can slow down time and this helps to avoid waves of bullets but, if you don't have any more slow down time ability, some of the bosses fire off waves of bullets so fast that it's hard to avoid them.  
  • Downloaded Rocket League earlier, and will be getting Doom end of the week
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Ive got rocket league on my xbox one already.

Apparently cross platform play is available.

Im tempted by DooM but its £10 now on all the 0ther consoles so i can justify the proce.

I would however be tempted by a switch/Xbox double pack that allowed saves to be linked so I could play and away.

If they prices it at like £60 for the download codes I'd definitely buy that.
  • I have Rocket League on PS4 but online works better on Switch for me so I'll be getting it for that (not to mention I didn't pay for it on PS4 so I don't mind giving Psoynix some money)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I got Doom, but am sending it back.  

The graphics are amazng, the best I've seen so far on the Switch, but the controls were so difficult to get used to I found it incredibly frustrating.   

It eats your battery too, so probably best to play it docked  or plugged in.  
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Id like to see Radiant Silvergun on the switch.
    What do you think of Rocket League?
  • DanR said:
    Id like to see Radiant Silvergun on the switch.
    That would be great to see and I’m sure the Switch could run it no problem.   I’d like to see all the Cave games on Switch, but I’m not sure it will ever happen.   

The Gunbird games are supposedly coming out, I’m not sure when but I wish they would hurry up. Gunbird 2 is one of my favourite ever games.  
    It seems to be playing good on Switch(I also have it on PS4 and XB1) love the Mario/Luigi car, especially the sound when you jump..

Doom is at home waiting for me. 
    It seems to be playing good on Switch(I also have it on PS4 and XB1) love the Mario/Luigi car, especially the sound when you jump..

Doom is at home waiting for me. 
    I’m gonna get Rocket League I think. 

That Luftwaffe Squadron game looks good too, I’m gonna pick that one up also. 
    @bingefeller with the switch being a mobile phone cpu/gpu essentially you would think the Cave stuff should be easy to port seeing as loads are on the App Stores for Android.

It takes ages to recover your power ups after getting hit and your ship feels underpowered.  You need the firepower to kill enemies so you get extra time on the clock to stay alive.  When you don't have the firepower you run out of time and you die - it's incredibly frustrating!  

The ship has a small hitbox, but sometimes when you scrape the side of your ship with another enemy ship you take damage, so this is confusing as you don't actually think it's hit the hitbox.  

It's hard to avoid damage at some points and it's quite frustrating.  You can slow down time and this helps to avoid waves of bullets but, if you don't have any more slow down time ability, some of the bosses fire off waves of bullets so fast that it's hard to avoid them.  
    Thanks for the info! It was that or socks from my sister so I think I'll take a chance on it as the cheapest switch game... I don't have a huge background in shmups so thought it might be fun.
  • There has been an insanely huge patch for super bomber man R which apparently has massively improved every aspect of the game. I'm almost tempted to try it...
  • We have mates coming over this weekend so got Rocket League and Overcooked.

Rocket league took a while to find a server last night but runs great and is just as fluid and fun as the PS4 version. Less fancy lighting but that’s not important in a game like this. 

Am up to about 260 moons in SMO. I fear the words “Rabbit Ridge” are going to become he new Water Temple once more people have got there...
  • DOOM is absobloody outstanding, literally put it on to have a quickie look 1hr 15mins later I was still playing it.. online is superb easy getting games and it is very VERY impressive..

Nintendo leaps and bounds ahead portable console market.. although I mainly play it docked I love knowing I can go portable...

I haven't touched PS4/XB1 for weeks, if you ever see me online XB1 its not me its my lad using my account.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Thanks for the info! It was that or socks from my sister so I think I'll take a chance on it as the cheapest switch game... I don't have a huge background in shmups so thought it might be fun.
    You will hopefully enjoy it.  I’m a shmup freak and am a little hard to please I suppose.  

• I haven't touched PS4/XB1 for weeks, if you ever see me online XB1 its not me its my lad using my account.
    Same. I actually got an email from Sony the other day asking why I hadn't been playing PS for so long.  I thought Battlefront 2 looked good but with all this loot crate shite going on I'm not even interested in that now.

I'm loving that it's finally a good time to be a Nintendo fan. I've loved their games for 25 years now. They haven't always made it easy, but when they're good they're SO good.