Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    I'm loving Mario & Rabbids - great fun for the commute, and actually pretty amusing!

Xcom-lite (although teh strategy is deceptively deep and involved).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    @bingefeller ;

I tend to prefer to download games nowadays after being used to steam so I'm quite happy for a download only to keep the cost down from the cartridge version.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    DanR said:
    @bingefeller ;

I tend to prefer to download games nowadays after being used to steam so I'm quite happy for a download only to keep the cost down from the cartridge version.

It looks like downloading is the way to go with Switch too.  I only have 3 cartridges and loads of ACA games that I've downloaded.  Good job I bought an SD card.  I could see less games getting physical releases in the future, especially from smaller companies, not necessarily indies either. 
    DanR said:
    @bingefeller ;

It looks like downloading is the way to go with Switch too.  I only have 3 cartridges and loads of ACA games that I've downloaded.  Good job I bought an SD card.  I could see less games getting physical releases in the future, especially from smaller companies, not necessarily indies either. 
    I like having boxes but I've no interest in swapping discs or cartridges anymore.

I'd happily buy a boxed game with a download code inside just to put it on the shelf.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DanR said:
    DanR said:
    @bingefeller ;

I like having boxes but I've no interest in swapping discs or cartridges anymore.

I'd happily buy a boxed game with a download code inside just to put it on the shelf.
    Yeah it's nice to have loads of boxes of games, all arranged alphabetically....

!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    downloaded zed blade - seems good so far. Am really enjoying retro gaming on the switch. Just seems like a great platform for it (used to love the game gear back in the early nineties!).

And now @bingefeller posts that worms is coming too. Yes please.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    OMG Worms! I've seriously got to get a Switch soon. With all these teasing posts about the games your playing, I feel like the poor kid at school who has to put up with his collection of Pogs.
    Just seen Radiant Silvergun is now on Xbox Backward Compatibility for £9.99 and so is Toejam & Earl.

Might have to buy a few bits soon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanR said:
    Just seen Radiant Silvergun is now on Xbox Backward Compatibility for £9.99 and so is Toejam & Earl.

Might have to buy a few bits soon.
    Surely the Switch would have no problem running those games.   Come on Nintendo !

Blue's Journey is out next week for download:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/blues_journey_takes_him_to_switch_next_week
  • There are a couple of interesting demos available at the moment - Pokken and Disgaea 5. I don't think I will buy either. The humour in Disgaea misses the mark for me and the voice acting is particularly grating, although the battle system is interesting and clearly very deep. I do want to get a strategy/rpg type game but not this one. Perhaps Xenoblade will be it when it comes out! I was thinking about Setsuna but I read one too many so-so review.
    As for Pokken, well I've never been a huge fan of fighters and the fact it's a pokemon game is neither a positive or a negative. But I liked the switching back and forth between field mode and duel mode. Weirdly it reminded me a lot of Zone of the Enders, if that is a game that means anything to anyone.
  • There are a couple of interesting demos available at the moment - Pokken and Disgaea 5. I don't think I will buy either. The humour in Disgaea misses the mark for me and the voice acting is particularly grating, although the battle system is interesting and clearly very deep. I do want to get a strategy/rpg type game but not this one. Perhaps Xenoblade will be it when it comes out! I was thinking about Setsuna but I read one too many so-so review.
    As for Pokken, well I've never been a huge fan of fighters and the fact it's a pokemon game is neither a positive or a negative. But I liked the switching back and forth between field mode and duel mode. Weirdly it reminded me a lot of Zone of the Enders, if that is a game that means anything to anyone.
    I was looking forward to Pokken but, after playing, I didn't like it.  Like you say, the switching back and forth is a bit weird and slows down the action.  Also, when you do special moves, I don't like how you have close ups, again slowing down the action.  I'm more into shmups now.  

I pre-ordered Rayman Legends, it's out on 12th September I think.  It should be fun.

I bought Zed Blade and it's good, but pretty tricky.  I also got Gunbarich which is another good game.  
  • A few cool titles coming out for Switch:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/urban_champion_joins_the_arcade_archives_roster_on_switch

More stuff here - http://www.japanesenintendo.com/schedule

And Sine Mora EX is available for pre-order!  I got mine from Amazon for £17.99 - I got a £2 discount for some reason.  Looks like a good shmup, the reviews are a little mixed, but I like shmups so I'm gonna get it.  
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    My daughters want to play Splatoon on it.  I think a request is being made to Father Christmas.  I might be asking for Mario Kart.
  • crunchman said:
    My daughters want to play Splatoon on it.  I think a request is being made to Father Christmas.  I might be asking for Mario Kart.
    Mario Kart is good fun and it looks absolutely amazing when you play it on a TV.  
    A few cool titles coming out for Switch:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/urban_champion_joins_the_arcade_archives_roster_on_switch

And Sine Mora EX is available for pre-order!  I got mine from Amazon for £17.99 - I got a £2 discount for some reason.  Looks like a good shmup, the reviews are a little mixed, but I like shmups so I'm gonna get it.  
    I enjoyed it on my Xbox.
  • DanR said:
    A few cool titles coming out for Switch:

I enjoyed it on my Xbox.
    Yeah the gameplay videos look cool, I'm looking forward to it.  

• What would be cool is if you could give your old digitally downloaded games to your Switch friends.  I have quite a lot that I don't play anymore and it would be nice if I could sell them on for someone else to enjoy.  Say £2 or £3 for the Neo Geo titles or something like that.