Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• Mario kart is spectacular

Splatoon 2 is fantastic

Mario/Rabbids is actually really bloody good and quite hard to boot. 

And a a friend got me Street Fighter for my birthday. I've been playing SF2 on and off since I was 8 (25 years...) and I still suck. But it's still fun
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Splatoon 2 is fantastic

And a a friend got me Street Fighter for my birthday. I've been playing SF2 on and off since I was 8 (25 years...) and I still suck. But it's still fun
    I have and always will be a badass on SF2

Mario Kart is ace but after completing it on the U I am struggling to get into it on Switch.

Mario/Rabbids is great.

not got Splatoon yet, couldn't get into it on U

I like Fast RMX and Tumbleseed
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited September 2017
    Whilst not Switch related the best modern fighting games I've played are BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

I was looking forward to the new MVC but artwork is really bland.

I've also been playing Caladius Blaze on my PS4 which isn't a bad bullet hell game, not quite up there with Cave but I've enjoyed it.

Splatoon 2 is fantastic

I have and always will be a badass on SF2

Mario Kart is ace but after completing it on the U I am struggling to get into it on Switch.

Mario/Rabbids is great.

not got Splatoon yet, couldn't get into it on U

I like Fast RMX and Tumbleseed
    I was the same. My WU came with Splatoon in the box and I never clicked with it, but have made the effort to get the hang of the motion controls for S2 and it's ace. I had to max out the sensitivity, and still use sticks for turning, but motion for fine-tuning the aim. It's neat once you get the hang of it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DanR said:
    Whilst not Switch related the best modern fighting games I've played are BlazBlue and Guilty Gear.

I was looking forward to the new MVC but artwork is really bland.

I've also been playing Caladius Blaze on my PS4 which isn't a bad bullet hell game, not quite up there with Cave but I've enjoyed it.

If you like shmups there are plenty of options on the Switch, Graceful Explosion Machine and Strikers 1944 are my favourites at the minute.  Psikyo are supposed to be bringing more games to Switch, maybe we will see Gunbird. That Danmaku game is also coming soon.

If Cave games were ported to Switch that would be a dream come true, no other shmups come close IMO.  I suppose there is a small chance as they are on Steam / Android / iOS.  We will just have to make do with emulation for the time being. 

• littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited September 2017
    I recently bought Death Squared, it's a lot of fun. Co-op puzzle game. It tries pretty hard to give off a portal-like vibe but it works, especially when you keep accidentally killing each other. 4-player as well, but not tried that yet.

Also I recently played the demo of "Project Octopath Traveller" (working title). It's absolutely gorgeous - sort of 16 bit final fantasy in a tilt shifted HD landscape. Reminds me a little of paper mario crossed with final fantasy 6. The demo gives you about 2 hours of playtime (1 hour for each character), quite a nice turn based battle mechanic and the story is pretty good, even if the voice acting grates a bit. I'm convinced enough to buy it when it comes out.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has anyone played Thimbleweed park? Out now on the switch, I'm awfully tempted to get it.
    I'm waiting for Stardew Valley to turn up.
  • DanR said:
    I'm waiting for Stardew Valley to turn up.
    Tell me about it! golf story looks fun though, might satisfy a similar itch... Out in the next day or two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got here Blazing Star?  I'm sitting 30th in the Caravan Mode rankings, took me ages!

• Anyone got here Blazing Star?  I'm sitting 30th in the Caravan Mode rankings, took me ages!

Yeah I'm BigPhil. Eat my dust.

(not really)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone got here Blazing Star?  I'm sitting 30th in the Caravan Mode rankings, took me ages!

I do now.

Best I can manage is rank 561 lol.
  • DanR said:
    Anyone got here Blazing Star?  I'm sitting 30th in the Caravan Mode rankings, took me ages!

I do now.

Best I can manage is rank 561 lol.
    What ship are you using, @DanR?  

Aryustailm is the best one, you can charge up your laser and get lots of hits on the enemies.  Watch this guy's reply -

A quick tip - when the special event thing appears (the angel wing thing), if you collect it and DON'T SHOOT until it disappears, the next time it appears it will have Japanese written on it.  When you collect this every enemy that you kill will give you a bonus (the red ball with the P inside it).  I don't worry about this too much on the first level, just try to string together as many hits as you can while you have your special weapon fired.  

@bingefeller that's the ship I was using.

I need to have a play on tv and not on portable mode.
    I made it to 27th.

I have sore thumbs. https://imgur.com/a/QM0T7
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanR said:
    I made it to 27th.

I have sore thumbs. https://imgur.com/a/QM0T7
    Nice work!! You've beat my score too.  
    @bingefeller I've missed games like this.

• DanR said:

Did you use the scoring trick with the angel wing power ups or did you just chain together as many waves of enemies as much as possible?
    DanR said:

Did you use the scoring trick with the angel wing power ups or did you just chain together as many waves of enemies as much as possible?
    Just stringing waves.

Best I can manage end of level one is mid 600k.

I'm not sure which the angel wing thing is really.