The Bastard Son of Two Threads

What's Hot
SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

After reading "Two Cheap Guitars... Should I?" and "Joining the Bigsby Club" I had a thought.....

What about a 12 String Guitar with a Bigsby!

Can you imagine the hand wringing over one those , do they even exist?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Yes, Vox have made a few models - most famously the Teardrop XII played by Will Sergeant of Echo & The Bunnymen.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/46/f2/94/46f2949de234fafece174b57eb7c807c.jpg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    Dunno, but it's occurred to me that I could stick a Les Trem on my 12-string Daisyrock, drill for ferrules for the other six strings and have a half-trem 12-string...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    Can you imagine trying to keep that in tune...?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If you stick enough chorus on it you won't notice :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    SNAKEBITE said:

After owning a Ric 12 string and the nightmare that was to tune, never mind restring, coupled with the pain of restringing a Bigsby I can't imagine anything worse!!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    ICBM said:
    If you stick enough chorus on it you won't notice :).
    I was going to say fuzz, but your idea works too.

As long as there's fuzz after the chorus.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TonyR said: 
    SNAKEBITE said:

After owning a Ric 12 string and the nightmare that was to tune, never mind restring, coupled with the pain of restringing a Bigsby I can't imagine anything worse!!
    I can. 12 string with a Floyd Rose.  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TonyR said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Strange, my Rick 12-string was never a pain to tune - although I admit I didn't restring it very often. Bigsbys are no problem either…
    stimpsonslostson said:

12 string with a Floyd Rose.  :#
    Actually that would probably work quite well, since although they are a bit of a hassle to restring, the great thing about Floyds is that once locked, they stay in tune.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    edited April 2017
    Sporky said:
    Dunno, but it's occurred to me that I could stick a Les Trem on my 12-string Daisyrock, drill for ferrules for the other six strings and have a half-trem 12-string...
    I am trying it on my 12 string build.  Pickups turn up tomorrow so I might get around to finishing it this year

sparkly blue too

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom