SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Washburn N4 Nuno Bettencourt rare trans blue '93 handmade USA

What's Hot
LeiversaloneLeiversalone Frets: 343
edited April 2017 in Guitars £
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £1299 including (non washburn) hard case

Guitar is in excellent condition for a 24 year old, this is a super rare gloss finish and every N4 fan knows these early handmade models are the best - super silky neck and high quality ebony fretboard, coil tapped push pull neck (Seymour '59) EVH drop D fitted . . . plays, sounds and looks superb.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3448
    @Leiversalone ;
    sorry for the off-topic, but what hardcase have you bought for it? I have a Washburn N5 copy and am not sure what would fit. Thanks
  • I found a Stagg hardcase fits them fine ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Is the D tuna aftermarket? The body doesn't appear to be routed which means the trem can only go one way which isn't typical on N4s. Might just be my aging eyes of course.   

Also do you have any paperwork to evidence the handmade claim?
  • I believe the D tuna was added afterwards. I don't use the trem, it's blocked off, so doesn't bother me. You can tell the handmade ones as a) they were only around '91-'93 and b) it says so on the neck joint if you look closely (above the SEC)
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Also, its got a Schaller Floyd Rose which the originals used. If you flip it over and look at the control plate covers they should be a different shape to the mass produced ones and the Stephens Cutaway will have a smooth curve on the join on the front side of the neck, where it meets that ebony fretboard.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• thetomskthetomsk Frets: 98
    stonevibe said:
    Also, its got a Schaller Floyd Rose which the originals used. If you flip it over and look at the control plate covers they should be a different shape to the mass produced ones and the Stephens Cutaway will have a smooth curve on the join on the front side of the neck, where it meets that ebony fretboard.
    Is the "rolled sec join" not just indicative of the fact that it's a Davies spec one?
  • This does not have the rolled SEC. That's only on the 'Davies' models (1991).
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    This does not have the rolled SEC. That's only on the 'Davies' models (1991).
    Think you are right there. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• thetomskthetomsk Frets: 98
    I believe the D tuna was added afterwards. I don't use the trem, it's blocked off, so doesn't bother me. You can tell the handmade ones as a) they were only around '91-'93 and b) it says so on the neck joint if you look closely (above the SEC)
    Got an up close pic of the handmade confirmation above the sec?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I should also point out this model appear to be made of premium ash not swamp ash or alder which makes it quite rare and also quite weighty with a tigher tone to normal N4's :)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Thats lovely