any zoom ms70cdr forums/settings?

What's Hot
As above. Searched the web and can't find anything other than reviews....
As I would love to see what other people have come up with. Great pedal and easy to use,once you master it! ;-)
cheers Mark .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    edited February 2014
    Last night I spent a bit of time hunched over my pedalboard saving the patches I've used in songs so far, but you'll probably be disappointed by how basic they are.  :-j

At the moment I've just got Octave reverb, particle verb, ice delay and a fast rotary speaker sim (RTcloset). I don't think the settings I've used are particularly clever, but what I have noticed is that where the effect has bass and treble/ HF damping or whatever the model calls it, I find it takes a bit of trial and error to get the effect to sit where I want it to behind my playing.

So that's my great revelation. EQ is important. Let's call it the "Cirrus Effect" in literature from now on.

Oh, I also think Stompdly has the most convincing analogue-ish degrading repeats - I thought the analog delay (the one that looks like a memory man) and Carbondelay both sounded a bit too dull as the repeats tailed off, the stompdly has a very nice midrange-ringing quality.

In all honesty, what I'd really like is a way to hide effects when you're scrolling through them. Some of the effect models are amazing, many of them I could frankly do without. It'd be great to find the one chorus that works best in my rig, one flanger, three of four delays and some reverbs and then just have a list of the 15 or so effects I really like instead of having to scroll through 30 choruses to get to a delay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for that cirrus .it really is a great sounding pedal for the money.
    Just been using delays reverb,particle verb,trem. I managed to coax a sound similar to e.h.x.pog. Surprised nobody has set up a page to share user settings etc....
    I have just been taking my ms70cdr to open Mic for easyness ,but need a bit of crunch and don't really want to stretch to the other zoom multi stomp?
    Would a boss Sd1 or bad monkey work better in to the ms70cdr ,then straight to P.A.? Thanks in advance .
    ;-)
    cheers Mark.
  • AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    I have an MS70 that I use at the end of the usual sort of chain of boxes, so it is really for reverb (and the odd additional delay on top of a DD-3).  I also have an MS50 earlier in the chain, for odd stuff that I don't want a dedicated pedal for...  It all works fine together...

... but I noticed that Zoom just launched a 'new' pedal, the G1on, which looks pretty much like an MS50/MS100, but with two buttons, which gives more flexibility in selecting an effect in real-time, and stomping it on...  Best thing is that it is about £50... (Worst thing is that it is a bit wider...)

Alan
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    edited February 2014
    Would a boss Sd1 or bad monkey work better in to the ms70cdr ,then straight to P.A.? Thanks in advance .
    ;-)
    cheers Mark.
    It wouldn't be my choice - those pedals are designed to work will into a guitar amp, into a PA they might sound quite harsh and buzzy. Ideally you'd want an amp or cab sim for the pedals to go through.

BUT I don't know anything about how you play. If I had to use that set up, I'd probably set up an EQ on the zoom that filtered out the treble from the overdrive pedals.

A cheap option would be the Joyo pedals that are clones of the tech 21 series - ACtone, British etc. less than £30 and you get an amp and cab sim that would work much better through zoom/ PA than an SD-1 style pedal would.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I hope to pick one of these up at the end of the month so maybe a settings exchange thread would be a good sticky :)

Does anyone know if you can save patches out/load patches in using the USB connection?

We could set up an online repository if that's the case.

• marktheharpmarktheharp Frets: 89
    edited February 2014
    Thanks all for above comments.
    d8m as far as I know it is.just the zoom ms..... Blue tooth stomp pedal(thingy) that you can buy New effects for.
    The.ms70cdr usb is just to upgrade firmware updates of which there is none at moment? Don't quote me on that;-) I just got mine for The delays and reverbs and is worth it for those alone. Can't ever see myself selling it.
    Can't say I have seen a bad review and the noisegate/e.q. Keeps any unwanted noise to a minimum .it really shows how multi fx have progressed. Always had a soft spot for zoom. And is no longer 'novice/bedroom player fx'.:-)
    cheers Mark.
  • Forgot to.say I am sure the price for ms70cdr has been dropped to £72?
    Can't remember where?
  • Just resurrecting this thread !
    Anyone have any good patches/settings they'd like to share? :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Still using the presets but when I tweak it, I'll share them
  • Good stuff , I just picked up an old version, E1Akai Headrush looper ,cheap!
    So will be having some mental loops ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I just looked at the effects list and I might have to pick this up. Bizzare that its explicitly claiming to model pedals like the hall of fame/stymon which came out just a few years ago.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes ,zoom aren't hiding the fact that they have modelled pre-sets on some very well known effects !
    I have nothing but good.things to say about this pedal and Drewfx from this very forum did some excellent YouTube demos ;)
  • Just resurrecting this thread!
    Any user settings from anyone please ?
    Thanks in advance .
    Cheers Mark . :)