Helix Help Me ............Lessons ???

DominicDominic Frets: 16095
I am completely overwhelmed  
  I know it can do so much but I am scared of it and scared to spoil the patches it came with etc
I have never tried to build a patch / import a tone/IR etc
I am very retarded with tech stuff ( why did I get Helix ? ) I will be first to admit but I want to learn
I have worked out that you can adjust the various parameters of the set patches and save the variation -I presume you can never get back to the original setting
I do not know what Parralell paths means or how to assign pedals etc  
 Is there anybody in Herts / North London / Central London or Essex who would be prepared to invite me over and show me how to use the thing / adapt it / edit / set up loops and assign controls .......tell me what a snapshot is etc in exchange for a few bottles of good wine or crates of good beer ........if so I would be forever grateful.Please PM  me.
Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    I'm sure you will get plenty of help but if you can get to Hayes on Friday afternoon, I'd be happy to spend an hour with you. It really is very easy when you get into it. Failing that, I'm arranging to spend the day at Yamaha Music London soon. Just not sure when yet!

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Save the original patch to another location (patch number) then modify. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    That would be awesome Sir ; by chance I have to go to Ruislip at lunchtime on Friday ............I think I love you .x
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Dominic said:
    That would be awesome Sir ; by chance I have to go to Ruislip at lunchtime on Friday ............I think I love you .x
    No problem at all. The only problem might be it would have to be late afternoon. We soundcheck at around 4.30. Usually done for 6 latest. You can sit in on soundcheck if you like to keep you mildly entertained. We're at the Beck Theater. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    MtB said:
    Save the original patch to another location (patch number) then modify. 
    I am ashamed to admit that despite watching vids I havn't got the first clue how to do that.
    To put it into perspective ;I do have learning difficulties with anything mathematical in nature -rather like the maths equivalent of Dyslexia and it affects my ability to understand phones / computers etc 
    I have no idea how to turn the TV on or off and have to get my children/ grandchild to do it !
    It took me 6 months to learn how to do email and I am still flumoxed if I press the wrong button.
    Bad , I know .